Tips For Brighter Dark Elbows And Knees
1. Exfoliate, Exfoliate and EXFOLIATE
Exfoliate 2-3 times a week to help brighten the skin, get rid of dead skin cells and produce a more even and smoother skin tone. We recommend using the Lactic Acid Exfoliator Gel
2. Put on your SPF
Make you use SPF daily in your skincare routine all year round to protect your skin from the UV rays. This will help prevent signs of hyperpigmentation and dark patches on your elbows and knees. We recommend using Black Girl Sunscreen or MG Skincare Light Suncreamfor ultimate protection!
* Related Article: Do People With Dark Skin Need To Wear SPF?
3. Moisturise and hydrate!!
Dry skin and skin friction will cause hyperpigmentation and lead to dark skin patches on your elbows and knees. So, remember to keep your elbows and knees moisturised daily, especially after your exfoliate! We recommend the Coconut and Jojoba Body Lotion or the Rose Garden Body Oil, for lightening dark patches and staying moisturised.
4. Be gentle with your elbows and knees
Try to reduce friction on your elbows and knees by putting less pressure on them, for example, when kneeling or leaning on your elbows as this can darken the skin. Reduce friction, rubbing, or injury to the areas that are darkening, and treat them nicely and gently 🙂
TOP TIPS NOTES
Our top tips to reduce the appearance of dark elbows and knees:
- Use SPF daily
- Exfoliate 2-3 times a week
- Moisturise and hydrate every day
- Treat your elbows and knees as gently as you treat your face
What Is The Best Cure For Dark Spots
A very popular remedy for dark spots on the face is lemon juice.It contains vitamin C that can help reduce inflammation and lighten dark spots on the skin.The acidity of the lemon juice can be helpful in bleaching those dark spots on the skin. Cut a fresh lemon and squeeze the juice into a clean bowl.
Recommended Reading: How To Heal Your Knee Without Surgery
Are Dark Knees And Elbows Normal
Darker patches of skin around knees and elbows is an absolutely normal phenomenon, as these regions are more prone to friction and pressure. Darkening of these joints is more common in people with darker skin tones, as they tend to produce more melanin. This natural pigment produced by your skin protects you from the UV rays of the sun.
Even though darkening of knees and elbows is mostly harmless, in rare cases it might indicate an underlying skin disorder which needs to be treated by a dermatologist.
You May Like: Cellulite Above Knees
Orange Peel Powder & Rosewater
Orange peels have skin brightening and exfoliating properties. So, why throw them into the bin when they can very well be put to use? Just dry a bunch of orange peels in the sun and grind them to powder. Mix the obtained powder with rose water & milk until you get a thick paste. Apply this paste to the affected areas and scrub the area well with your hands. Leave it for 10-15 minutes and rinse it off with cold water. Use this pack thrice every alternate week.
Dark Skin Remedies For Armpits
· Milk- Milk contains lactose acid, which can lighten our skin. Start by creating a paste by mixing flour,milk, and curd and apply it on your armpit. Let it sit for 15 minutes before rinsing it.
· Cucumber- this wonder vegetable is used to nourish our skin in differentmanners. Another perfect way to use thisis to mix it with lemon to eliminate pigmentation. The acid in the lemon will get rid of thedark spots, while cucumber will neutralize the acid, which will comfort ourskin.
These are justsome of the ways on how you can get rid of the pigmentation safely. By using products that you can see in yourhome, you can naturally enhance your skin’s tone.
You May Like: Nano Knee Surgery Cost
Make A Lemon And Fresh Cream Mask
Lemon is a natural bleaching agent, while fresh cream helps in mildly exfoliating the skin. Lemon is also rich in vitamin C, which boosts dead skin cell removal and supports skin cell regeneration.
How to use:
Lemon Juice Mixed With Sugar And Honey
This is actually one of the best combinations when it comes to getting rid of dark elbows and knees. Lemon juice has powerful skin lightening properties. This is due to its high vitamin C content. Honey is also known to help make the skin look brighter. Sugar, on the other hand, works as an exfoliator.
How to Apply?
- Take a fresh lemon and squeeze out all the juice
- Mix the lemon juice with 1 teaspoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of sugar
- Mix them well and apply it on the affected area
- Massage gently and leave it for about 20 minutes and the wash with lukewarm water
To get the best results, apply this remedy alternate days a week.
Also Check: What Is The Best Knee Walker
Causes Of Dark Knees And Elbows
Several factors might be responsible for the overproduction of melanin which causes hyperpigmentation or darkening of knees and elbows.
1. Constant rubbing or pressing of knees or elbows can make the skin thicker and darker in colour, than the surrounding regions.
2. Excessive exposure to sunlight can stimulate overproduction of melanin.
3. Build-up of dead skin cells or dirt can make your knees and elbows darker.
4. Hormonal imbalances such as in case of diabetes , polycystic ovarian syndrome , etc.
5. Melasma or chloasma, which refer to hyperpigmentation or discoloration of patches of skin are common after pregnancy. Men can also suffer from melasma.
7. Side-effects of certain medicines such as contraceptive pills.
8. Hyperpigmentation due to a previous wound or inflammation.
Moisturizing And Exfoliating At Home
You May Like: Knee Brace Support Meniscus
Whitening Labs Dark Spot Corrector Cream
It is a multi-purpose dark spot corrector and age spot remover with skin whitening properties. Whitening Labs Dark Spot Corrector Cream is packed with full of wholesome natural goodness to be used on your elbows, knees, face, hands, body, and has a miraculous skin lightening effect. It is recommended for helping with age spots, dark spots, liver spots, sun spots, and brown spots. It will make your skin smooth, blemish-free and youthful-looking. Suitable for daily use on all skin types.
What Can I Do To Remove Dark Spots
How to Remove Dark Spots on Face and Neck Aloe Vera Gel. Apply aloe vera juice or natural aloe vera gel directly to the dark spots for 30 minutes in the Apple Cider Vinegar. Mix equal quantities of apple cider vinegar and water in a bowl. Stir well and apply on the dark Buttermilk. Apply buttermilk to dark spots and leave on for 15-20 minutes. Rinse with More
Don’t Miss: Get Rid Of Knock Knees
How To Prevent Dark Skin On Knees
Its possible to reduce your chances of developing dark knees. Here are the best preventive methods:
- Regularly apply sunscreen. Since hyperpigmentation is often caused by sun damage, sunscreen is essential. Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen on your entire body, including your knees.
- Moisturize daily. Moisturize your knees with a hydrating cream. This can promote healthy skin.
Top 13 Unexpected Ways To Banish Dark Knees And Elbows Naturally
I. Causes Of Dark Knees
There are a variety of factors that bring about dark spots on knees, even elbows. Below are several common causes of dark knees you need to know:
- Abrasion: Human body itself produces things to protect it from external harm. When any part of the body is rubbed with other things for a long time, layers of the skin on that part will become thicker than normal to avoid damaging the dermis on lower layers of the skin. Therefore, dead skin cells appear and make your skin, especially on knees and elbows darker.
- The light from the sun: The absorption between dead skin cells and the light from the sun still occurs. Dead cells themselves make your skin look darker than normal. Even when dead cells on the skin of knees are produced and exposed to the light from the sun directly, you will get dark spots on your knees or elbows.
- Lack of oil on your skin: That your skin is too dry makes pollutants existing in the air do harm to it and makes the skin become drier and drier. This helps speed up the rate of forming dead skin cells, which are the main factor leading to the darkness of knees.
- Other factors causing dark knees and elbows include obesity, hormone disproportion, skin hyperpigmentation, Addisons syndrome, and melanocytes.
II. How To Tips
The following are the best ways to help eliminate darkness from knees and elbows naturally.
1. Baking Soda With Milk
Read Also: What Can You Do After Knee Replacement
You May Like: Inversion Table Benefits For Knees
How Much Time Will It Take To Lighten Dark Knees And Elbows
Minor darkening of knees and elbows can heal within a few days. Treating the condition with Ayurvedic and home remedies further hastens the healing procedure. However, if your dark knees and elbows are caused by internal medical conditions, the darkening may last longer till the root cause ceases to exist.
Recommended Reading: How To Stop Your Knee From Hurting
How To Use Oatmeal To Get Rid Of Dark Spots On The Skin
There are two ways to use oatmeal to remove dark spots.
The first is by:
- Using half a tablespoon oatmeal, half sliced lemon juice, and a pinch of salt
- Mix and apply the face scrub using a circular motion application method
- Allow it to sit for 15 to 20 minutes then rinse with warm water
You can repeat steps 3 to 4 times weekly
The second is by:
Don’t Miss: How To Reduce Swelling In Knee Quickly
Can Home Remedies For Dark Knees Also Work For Dark Spots
However, dark knees have many possible causes. Age spots and liver spots can be caused by chronic sun damage and usually occur on sun exposed areas such as the:
Since the natural remedies above arent entirely supported by research, theres no guarantee that theyll work for other types of hyperpigmentation, like age spots or liver spots.
Its important to use skin lightening remedies and products with caution. There isnt a lot of research on these treatments, and some may be unsafe.
Specifically, its best to avoid products with these ingredients:
Some ingredients, like hydroquinone and topical steroids, are found in prescription treatments. Its not safe to use these unless prescribed by your doctor.
Over-the-counter products with these ingredients arent regulated and may cause skin damage.
The Best Cream To Lighten Even And Smooth Out Your Knees And Elbows
To maintain a healthy and good appearance on the knees and elbows, you need some extra care. Nevertheless, if you want to explore beautiful and sexy skin up to bottom on the beach or pool, you need to have glowing skin also up to bottom. Hope, these creams will help you to lighten your intimate areas.
Recommended Reading: Mini Knee Replacement
Skincare Routine For Dark Elbows And Knees
Besides home remedies, you must also follow a skincare routine to lighten the color of dark elbows and knees. A skincare routine is not just for your face, each and every part of your body needs a routine to keep it flawless. Therefore, daily rituals like cleansing, moisturizing, exfoliation, and protection can decrease pigmentation and keep your skin flawless and healthy.
Cleanse and Moisturize
Give extra time to cleanse and moisturize your elbows or knees daily. Cleanse the area with a mild cleanser and apply moisturizer to keep the area moist and supple always. You can use a thick moisturizer such as coconut oil or aloe vera.
You can also use skincare products containing vitamin B3, soy, and lignin. These are the best skin lightening ingredients.
Exfoliation and moisturizing the skin are two important steps to maintain flawless skin. You can exfoliate your elbows or knees twice or thrice a month to get rid of dead skin and to keep the area soft, smooth or supple.
A sugar scrub with a mix of a few natural skin lightening ingredients is the best exfoliator. Rub your elbows in a circular motion for a couple of minutes. That being said, dont be too harsh while rubbing your elbows or knees.
Sunscreen is a must!
Up to the very end!
Here are some of the home remedies and skincare tips to get rid of dark elbows and knees. Follow these tips to lighten any dark area on your body.
Makari Classic Skin Clarifying Cream
This product uses naturally derived vegeclairine that gradually fades dark marks, brown spots and discoloration. Makari Classic Skin Clarifying Cream is a type of whitening, toning and moisturizing body balm that work for elbows, knees, hands, feet fingers, toes, and knuckles. This ultra-rich balm is great for body bleaching. Its nourishing hydantoin delivers maximum hydration to dry, chapped, ashy skin. The citrus-based botanical product is safe for most skin types.
Don’t Miss: Getting Rid Of Fat Around Knees
Green Tea Prevents The Accumulation Of Melanin
Green tea contains epigallocatechin gallate that has skin-lightening properties, as it prevents melanin accumulation.Steep some green tea with a tea bag or green tea powder. Let it cool.Now, dip a cotton pad in the tea and squeeze out excess. Rub the pad on the dark areas of your elbows and knees.Do this every day for visible results.
Dark Knees & Elbows How To Treat Them At Home
Are you embarrassed to wear short skirts, shorts, and all your favorite clothing that shows off your knees because they are dark? Dont worry, we youve come to the right place to search for home remedies for dark knees and elbows.
The occurrence of dark knees and elbows is very common. It is a form of hyperpigmentation wherein the skin on your knees and elbows produces excess melanin, which results in the skin around these areas to become darker as compared to the rest of the body. It affects people of all skin types. A larger number of people with darker skin tones are affected by it as dark skin tends to overproduce melanin.
In most cases, it has been found that dark knees and elbows are not harmful or an indication of any serious underlying health concern. They can be easily lightened with some of the home remedies described in this article.
1) Apple Cider Vinegar
Mix equal quantities of apple cider vinegar and water. Apply this mixture to your knees and elbows with a cotton ball and leave it on for 15 minutes. Wash off. Repeat this once daily.
The acetic acid content of apple cider vinegar works as a mild bleach that is very safe for the skin. It effectively lightens the skin.
2) Aloe Vera
Either use store-bought aloe vera gel or if you have the plant, extract the gel and use it. In case of store-bought gel, apply it on your knees and elbows and leave it on. Use it twice daily.
4) Almond Oil
Recommended Reading: Knee Brace Infomercial
Turmeric Powder For Dark Knees
What You Have To Do
How Often You Should Do This
Repeat this two to three times in a week.
Why This Works
Turmeric cleanses the skins impurities and evens out the skin tone. It also renders a natural glow to the skin . Milk in this paste will also help in lightening the dark skin and honey will keep it hydrated and nourished .