How To Get Rid Of Black Elbows Fast With Yogurt And Vinegar
Yogurt contains lactic acid and vinegar contains acetic acid which is mild but effective skin lightening agents. These two effectively lighten dark spots on knees and elbows, evening out your skin.
Turmeric To Cure Discolored Elbows
Turmeric has natural exfoliating and bleaching properties which help to effectively get rid of dark patches on the skin.
Note that if left for too long on skin, turmeric may stain your skin yellow. This effect is temporary and will fade off in a day or two.
How To Lighten Dark Knees And Elbows Naturally
- Lack of exfoliation, which causes the accumulation of dead skin cells on the skin over a period of time.
- Prolonged sun exposure leading to hyper-pigmentation and a darker skin tone in that area.
- Hormonal changes or reactions of the body.
- Pigmentation because of skin aging.
- UV radiation causing Melasma.
- Friction because of skins contact with certain fabrics, or any external objects.
- Skin issues like Psoriasis, or Eczema.
- Post-injury skin damage on knees and elbows.
Read Also: What Is The Mcl In Your Knee
Treatment For Dark Knees And Elbows
A severe underlying medical condition can associate symptoms such as dark elbows and knees. When you try on various ways on how to get rid of dark knees and elbows and you realize no change, it is high time you consult a doctor or dermatologist.
There are medicated topical creams used for the treatment of serious skin conditions. Your doctor can prescribe to you one of them. Lotions and creams for treating dark and ashy elbows and knees are available over the counter and you need to arrange with a dermatologist before using them.
Factors Leading To Dark Elbows And Knees
Each problem has some causal factors behind it and knowing them helps to get rid of the problem faster. Similarly, accumulation of dead skin cells, too much friction and pigmentation are said to be the leading causes behind dark elbows and knees, but there are other factors as well. Therefore, let us know all the possible factors that lead to darkening of elbows and knees.
- Rough and dry skin
- Addisons syndrome
Read Also: How Do You Stretch Your Knee
Aloe Vera Naturally Whitens Dark Elbows
Aloe Vera is an age old beauty product that is used for its natural moisturizing and skin whitening properties. It helps to reverse sun damage, treats dryness and removes dead skin cells.
How To Lighten Dark Knees
It is important to understand first why you end up having rough, darkened knees or elbows. The skin of your elbows and knees is naturally thicker and loses moisture quickly. This often leads to the accumulation of dead skin cells that produce a darkened appearance.Many people want to know exactly how to lighten dark knees.
It is important that you don’t neglect your dark knees or elbows during your moisturizing routine. While you don’t need to rush off to a high-end salon, you really need to take some steps and spend some time looking after your knees to understand how to lighten dark knees. Keep reading to know some natural home remedies that actually work.
Read Also: Can Knee Replacement Fix Bow Legs
Tips For Preventing Dark Elbows And Knees
- Use sunscreen regularly.
- Apply moisturizers after showers to reduce dryness and friction.
- Rub knees and elbows with a pumice stone to remove dead skin cells.
- Use an exfoliating brush or loofa in the shower.
- Apply olive oil before bed and leave on overnight to soften and bleach skin.
- Cut the toes off some old socks. Apply Vaseline to elbows and knees and wear the socks over them every night for a few weeks.
- Cut a lemon in half and squeeze while rubbing in knees and elbows. Never apply lemon juice or salt to bruised or cracked skin as it can cause burning and irritation.
- Rub a cucumber slice on elbows and knees regularly.
- Apply moisturizers with Shea butter, jojoba oil, cocoa butter, or coconut oil after using any of the above methods and before going to bed to prevent re-darkening of skin.
- Dont scrub excessively, as this causes skin to produce extra cells. Scrub gently 2-3 times weekly.
- Always use natural bleaching agents rather than chemicals.
- Drink plenty of water to detoxify the body and promote good health.
- Limit your intake of sugar, breads, cereals, energy drinks, soft drinks, caffeine and other processed foods.
- Dont lean on knees and elbows. The strain encourages darkening of skin.
- Always keep knees and elbows covered to restore moisture and prevent rubbing.
- Test each remedy once to make sure youre not allergic to any ingredients.
- If the above methods are ineffective, ask your doctor to prescribe skin bleaching lotion.
Sugar And Mineral Oil Coconut Oil Olive Oil & Castor Oil
Homemade sugar scrub can be used in promoting an even skin tone around the knees and elbows. Exfoliating is highly encouraged to get rid of dead skin cells. Natural sugar is an effective natural scrub for faster outcomes.
To use this method on how to get rid of dark knees and elbows, mix sugar and a mineral oil such as olive, coconut or castor oil to make a thick paste. Gently apply it to the skin in a circular motion for 5 minutes. Wash it with warm water and soap. Repeat the treatment twice per week.
Recommended Reading: When To Go To Er For Knee Pain
Are Dark Knees And Elbows Normal
Darker patches of skin around knees and elbows is an absolutely normal phenomenon, as these regions are more prone to friction and pressure. Darkening of these joints is more common in people with darker skin tones, as they tend to produce more melanin. This natural pigment produced by your skin protects you from the UV rays of the sun.
Even though darkening of knees and elbows is mostly harmless, in rare cases it might indicate an underlying skin disorder which needs to be treated by a dermatologist.
How To Bleach Dark Skin On Elbows With Lemon
Note that lemon may cause some irritation and stinging. Do not overdo the scrubbing and stop using this remedy if you notice signs of allergic reaction like rash and irritation. Lemon can be drying when you should moisturize after every time you bleach dark elbows with lemon juice.
Also Check: Can Knee Pain Cause Fever
Apple Cider Vinegar For Dark Knees
- 1 tablespoon sugar
What You Have To Do
How Often You Should Do This
Do this every alternate day.
Why This Works
The sugar removes the dead cells, and vitamin E does wonders in repairing and hydrating the skin . It also helps in depigmentation, thus giving you lighter and healthier skin on the knees and elbows .
Coconut Oil And Walnut
Coconut oil is rich in minerals, fatty acids, and other nutrients that nourish skin, and walnut exfoliates skin to lighten tone.
Don’t Miss: What Is Good For Osteoarthritis Pain In The Knee
What Else You Can Do To Brighten Your Dark Elbows And Knees
- Exfoliate your knees and elbows regularly. It will remove dead skin cells that cause the skin darker than the real layer.
- You can rub your skin with lemon juice and some sugar. Lemon juice contains vitamin C that lightens the skin discoloration and brown sugar scrubs away all dirt, impurities, and dull cells.
- Keep cleansed your elbows and knees always. Apply moisturizer or lotion to keep the skin hydrated. The softer skin looks more glowing and brighter.
- Protect your skin from dryness, sunburn or other environmental damages. Wear sunscreen or lotions when you want to go out in the heavy sun rays.
- You can also rub your knees and elbows with potato juice. It will get rid of dark patches and spots naturally.
I am also a girl with dark skin. I always put more importance on using home remedies because it can heal the skin naturally without any side effects. So, you can try the above DIY tips to lighten your dark elbows and knees. And, when you need a little bit brighter skin, you can use a cream of this list.
Of course, I dont mind having a little bit dark knees and elbows. I feel it natural but cleanse it regularly.
Let me know which products you generally use for your intimate skin softening, brightening and hydrating.
How We Pick The Product
We also often analysis the products information from the reliable sources like Cooks Illustrated, Americas Test Kitchen, Consumer Reports, Consumer Testing Laboratories, etc.
Over The Counter Products
You can choose from a number of different OTC products available in the market. These can effectively brighten up your knees and elbows.
The American Academy of Dermatology suggests to look for the following ingredients in your skin lightening products for effective results :
- Glycolic acid
- Vitamin C
Word of caution :
Avoid using bleaching creams or products containing mercury. Bleaching creams can actually worsen the darkening of your skin by causing irritation or inflammation. Mercury can cause serious health problems.
You can try SkinKrafts knee and elbow brightening cream, which is free from harsh chemicals. It has mandelic acid which gently exfoliates the skin, along with sunflower oil and Mauritia flexuosa oil for skin nourishment and UV protection.
Read Also: How To Repair Knee Cartilage
Try The Remedy Like This;
Take a potato and grate it. Squeeze all the juice from the grated potato and apply it to your skin, especially the dark areas.
Let the juice sit on your skin for 15 minutes before washing it off.
Remember to apply moisturizer later.
You can also cut potato slices and rub them on your elbows and knees. Gently rub the piece for 15 minutes, then rinse.
Also Read: How to have Flawless Skin like Korean
The Reasons For Dark Elbows And Knees
The skin of the knees, elbows, and underarms are naturally darker than other parts. Moreover, these things can also add some extra discoloration to these skin areas.
Accumulation of dead skin cells, psoriasis, birth control pills, eczema, melasma, age spots, freckles, exposure to the dirt, cloth friction, dryness, sunlight, etc.
Don’t Miss: What Should You Do If Your Knee Hurts
Tips To Prevent Further Darkening Of Skin
- Always apply sunscreen on your knees when you go out. The harsh UV rays of the sun make your knees darker. Thus, protecting your knees from the sun is very important.
- Dark knees may also be caused due to improper hydration. So, never miss out on moisturizing your knees.
- Diet also plays an important role in maintaining healthy skin. Have a diet rich in vitamins A and E. Vitamin A-rich foods include sweet potatoes, carrots, lettuce, dried apricots, etc. Vitamin E-rich foods include almonds, cooked spinach, etc.
- Do NOT lean on your knees often. This creates friction, and the result is dark knees.
Now that you know;how to get rid of dark knees and dark elbows, what are you waiting for? You can try;these remedies in the comforts of your home. We hope that you found this article on how to lighten dark knees and elbows interesting and useful.
Do give us your valuable comments and feedback.
Prevention From Darkening Of Knees And Elbows
Although darkening of knees and elbows is unavoidable sometimes, you can consider a few simple things to prevent it:
1. Apply a high SPF sunscreen on your skin before stepping out into the sun. Exposure to sunlight is one of the biggest triggers of hyperpigmentation, and sunscreens can help.
2. Avoid putting pressure on your knees and elbows for an extended period of time.
3. Treat wounds and injuries with care while they are healing.
4. Check for harsh ingredients in your skin care products and stop using them if they are causing irritation or rashes.
5. Your laundry detergents or body soap can also cause inflammation and skin darkening. Opt for gentler cleansers to prevent darkening of knees and elbows.
6. Lack of vitamin A and vitamin E in your diet can also adversely affect your skin and cause dark patches. You can include vegetables like carrots, sweet potatoes, pumpkins, etc. in your diet to get sufficient vitamin A. Nuts like almonds, hazelnuts, peanuts, sunflower seeds, and greens like spinach are a rich source of vitamin E.
Darkening of elbows and knees is a common phenomenon, especially among people with darker skin tones. It is usually not a major reason for alarm, except in rare cases where darkening of these joints may be due to some disease or hormonal disorders. If you are concerned about your appearance due to dark knees and elbows, opt for one of the OTC or home remedies to brighten them up.
Recommended Reading: How To Remove Scar Tissue From Knee Surgery
How To Lighten Dark Knees And Elbows At Home
If darkness on the elbows and knees is getting you down, turn to the Dove Gentle Exfoliating Body Wash. Its exfoliating beads are the key ingredient to gently scrub dead cells away and reveal fresh skin underneath. Along with that, its Nutrium Moisture technology delivers nutrients directly to the skin and keeps it nourished from within. Scaly, dry skin will be gone before you know it and so will those dreadful dark patches.
Accumulation of grime and constant friction can make your elbows and knees dark. To treat them naturally, make this home remedy with baking soda and milk. In a shallow bowl of 3 tablespoons of baking soda, slowly pour in 2 tablespoons of cold milk to form a thick paste. Apply this over the dark areas of your body and let it air dry for about 20 minutes until hardened. Then wash it away with cold water and scrub it gently into the skin while doing so. Baking soda is a powerful exfoliant that isnt abrasive on the skin. When combined with the brightening properties of lactic acid in milk, it drives away dull skin and makes it radiant once again.
Written by Dayle Pereiraon Jul 26, 2017
Skin Lightening Creams Pills And Injections
These are instant ways of whitening knees and elbows. Effective whitening creams contain superior ingredients such as glutathione, alpha arbutin, kojic acid, and a low concentration of hydroquinone. Creams and lighten pills that contain mercury and a high percentage of hydroquinone, above 2% are unsafe to use.
* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
You May Like: Can I Have Both Knees Replaced At The Same Time
Whitening Labs Dark Spot Corrector Cream
It is a multi-purpose dark spot corrector and age spot remover with skin whitening properties. Whitening Labs Dark Spot Corrector Cream is packed with full of wholesome natural goodness to be used on your elbows, knees, face, hands, body, and has a miraculous skin lightening effect. It is recommended for helping with age spots, dark spots, liver spots, sun spots, and brown spots. It will make your skin smooth, blemish-free and youthful-looking. Suitable for daily use on all skin types.
Simple Home Remedies To Eliminate Dark Spots
Thankfully, its a lot easier to get rid of these dark spots than might think. It will take a bit of work to get rid of them completely, but the home remedies below will give you a few ideas on how to get rid of dark spots. With a few simple additions to your beauty and daily healthcare routine, you can deal with the problem once and for all!
Read Also: Is Nano Knee Covered By Medicare