Kneerover Deluxe Steerable Knee Cycle Knee Walker Scooter
This knee scooter maintains the walkers front axle width during turns thanks to its advanced automotive-style tie-rod steering. This special steering system gives the knee walker stability and great control.
It is sturdy and it comes with a lockable handbrake system to help you slow down or stop in a safe manner. The front axle and the handlebars are removable and they also have a quick-release folding mechanism. Another convenient feature is the front basket in which you can store your personal items while walking.
The rubber grip handlebars and the 3-inch thick knee platform are adjustable in order to fit a height range of 4 feet and 9 inches to 6 feet and 6 inches. It has four 7.5-inch wheels which make it great for indoor and outdoor use, with a weight capacity of 300 pounds. The tool-free assembly feature makes it great for anyone to use.
The special feature of this knee walker is the advanced steering system that provides maximum stability and control.
It has adjustable handlebars, knee platform, and brakes to fit your needs according to your height.
The wheels have a pretty large diameter for better stability and a shock absorbing system.
For transporting and storing it, you can use its folding feature to save space.
This model comes with a front basket which allows you to carry your personal items anywhere.
The contoured knee pad offers you comfort due to its 3-inch cushion.
It is easy to assemble, and it doesnt need any extra tools.
Benefits Of The Drive Medical Dv:
- Strong aluminum lightweight dual frame offers indoor and outdoor stability and durability
- Deluxe dual lever hand brakes for optimal safety
- Adjustable handle height 33 to 37.5
- 8 Inch wheels for a smooth ride to absorb bumps
- Right or left leg compatibility
- Ideal for individuals recovering from foot surgery, breaks, sprains, amputation and ulcers of the foot
- Knee walker can be steered for increased maneuverability
- Leg pad can be height adjusted from 17.5 to 21.5 high without tools
- Leg pad features secure Channel for stability and comfort
- Channel functions to hold your leg safely when riding, or when sitting watching TV, scooter can be turned sideways so the other channel provides an instant leg rest
- Tiller can be easily folded for portability and transportation
- No tools required for adjustments
Knee Scooter Rollator Walker With Padded Knee Platform
Number 3 on our list of top knee scooters is the Knee Scooter Rollator Walker with Padded Knee Platform by Roscoe Medical. The handles fold down without tools and its lightweight and easy to carry. The parking brake provides extra safety and control. This knee walker comes with a generously sized wire basket, and its four large wheels make it safe for indoor and outdoor use.;
It meets a variety of user needs, from being especially easy to adjust to being highly maneuverable. It is suitable for people up to 300 pounds.
You May Like: How To Get Rid Of Growing Pains In Knees
Suitable For Users With Limited Upper
One of the biggest problems where crutches are concerned is that they do require the user to have a decent amount of upper body strength this is all well and good for some people, but for many users, this is nigh on impossible.
Since the knee walker sits on wheels, the device will do most of the hard work for you, all you need to do is steer which doesnt require any upper body strength at all.
Best Medical Steerable Rolling Knee Walker Scooters Reviews
Often people face an accident or injury that has made it difficult to put strength from the lower leg. For them to keep walking without any hassle, many people undergo knee replacement or similar types of surgeries. During the recovery process, the most difficult thing is how you find yourself within a boundary when it comes to movement. Traditional crutches come in handy, but they become really painful after prolonged hours. As a healthy substitute, getting hold of the knee walker scooters is a great choice to make.
As using the wrong kind of walker can, in fact, worsen your health, it better to take some expert suggestion. Thus, the knee walker scooter review will clarify all your doubts and assist in all the correct ways.
Also Check: Can Gout Form In The Knee
The Best Steerable Knee Walker My Verdict
I genuinely favor one thing about each knee walker, so it was difficult to place KneeRover Steerable Knee Walker as the #1 top pick. However, it was deserving due to how smooth it feels when rolling and its heavy-duty construction. Those under 5-ft would be better accommodated with the ELENKER Steerable Knee Walker, and I did prefer the braking system of this walker.
The Drive Medical Steerable Knee Walker has a great height adjustment range, comfortable knee pads offering even joint weight distribution, and is straightforward to fold and use. But, it is an expensive walker and not suitable for all-terrain.
Although temporarily out of stock, the KneeRover GO Knee Scooter is an excellent product for those who refuse to let an injury slow them down. Its a cool design, extremely compact when folded, and very lightweight. I did feel it was missing a basket, but the purchase of a universal fit basket would solve this.
A walker youd surely be proud to be seen with is the KneeRover Steerable Knee Walker in Hot Pink. Part of the brands Fusion range, this walker features superior stability, excellent comfort, and a generously sized wire basket. It comes in a selection of trendy colors and has an outstanding warranty, but it is one of the more expensive walkers on the market.
Medline Generation 2 Weil Knee Scooter
One thing you dont need to worry about when you do use this scooter is tipping over. This is because it is completely stable and you wont even feel unbalanced at all when you use it. It comes with a basket on the front so you can put any of your items in the front of it without having to carry anything.
Not only this, but it also has another smaller basket on the handle, so if you have anything small that you cant put anywhere then you can use this. It comes with a brake on the front of the handles, which makes it very safe to use.
Pros: + Easy to use + Easy to steer
Why we liked it We liked this product because it comes with a lot of space to put any of your belongings in, so you dont have to worry about carrying any extra bags.
You May Like: What Are The Best Volleyball Knee Pads
How To Use A Knee Scooter
Using a knee scooter shouldnt be a problem. In fact, if you pay attention for the next couple of minutes, we can assure you that you would have both comfort and control at the ready.
Here are some quick instructions to get you started:
- While using a knee scooter, make sure that the injured leg is sitting comfortably and at the center of the knee pad. Your other leg should be in an upright position on the floor.
- Adjusting the handlebars is your next step. Apparently, almost all knee walkers these days have the option to adjust the handlebars and knee pad. First, you would want to adjust the handlebars by pulling it up or pushing it down. You should do the same thing with the pad as well.
- Make sure to use the brakes properly. Most knee scooters offer precise control and stability. But youre the one who needs to get used to the process.
- You would probably want to have a controlled steering as well, which will also require some getting used to at first.
What Is The Proper Way To Use A Knee Scooter
Below is a step by step process on how to use a knee scooter correctly.
- Set the size of your scooter: For optimal comfort, always size it properly. Firstly, measure the size of the entire scooter to avoid further injuries. After, adjust the height of your handlebars and knee rest according to your body size. To adjust the knee pad, follow these steps;
- First, check out whether your model requires knee pad orientation. If it does, check the user manual and adjust it. If it doesnt, go to the next step below.
- Off the mainframe, unlock your knee rest by loosening the adjustment knobs.
- Measure the distance from your bent injured knee to the floor. To take the correct measurements, stand straight with your uninjured leg and bend the injured leg 90 degrees at the knee. Let someone help you measure its distance to the floor.
- Remove the tightening pin and raise the knee pad to a height in correspondence with your bent knee.
- ;When your knee pad is at the right positioning, insert back the locking pin and tighten the adjustment knob to hold the knee pad in place.
- Set your brakes: After setting the right size, ensure that your brakes are okay before using your scooter. Confirm whether they are well locked. Locking your breaks provides stability and prevents the scooter to roll away. Note that different models of scooters have different ways of locking the breaks. To lock your brakes on swivelmate model, push your brake handles outwards.
Also Check: Can You Get Arthritis In Your Knee
Kneerover Steerable Knee Walker In Hot Pink
The KneeRover Steerable Knee Walker in Hot Pink is a model from a great series of modern-designed knee walkers by KneeRover. With nine different colors to choose from, the FUSION range is really worth a look if youre looking for a steerable knee walker thats a little more trendy.
Aside from stylish colors, this range represents the brands Patent Pending 4 wheel steering technology, in addition to the already excellent safety features found in all KneeRover walkers. This is an all-American brand that provides a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee and one of the best warranties in the industry; a lifetime guarantee on welds, cross braces, and frames.
Not only does this walker look great, it feels it too, and, with height suitability between 4-ft and 6-ft 6-in, it can accommodate more people than most. It also has a weight capacity of 300 lbs. I found this walker to have superior stability when steering and that the 3-in thick knee pad offered extreme comfort. I also liked the generous size of the wire basket and how strong this was.
Best Knee Scooters In 2021
If you have recently had to have an operation or youve had an accident, then you may need to purchase a knee scooter to help you get around. Sometimes doctors and other professionals may offer to give you crutches, but these can be quite annoying to use and difficult to use sometimes.
Not only this but crutches can cause you to suffer from other injuries once you start using them, for instance, you may end up getting blisters on your hands, or you could even pull muscles in your shoulders. Therefore a knee scooter may be a better solution for you, this is because you are unable to injure yourself further when you use one of these.
Weve put together a list of all of the best knee scooters around, so you dont have to spend ages on the internet searching for one that suits you best.
Also Check: What Is The Mcl In Your Knee
We Offer The Broadest Selection And Most Innovative Knee Walkers/knee Scooters
Knee Walkers are a medical mobility device that provide a safe, comfortable, and easy-to-maneuver alternative to crutches for those recovering from;below the knee injury or surgery, which requires the foot and/or leg to be non-weight bearing during recovery.
Knee Walkers are designed for weight-bearing relief for those who have injuries that include: fractures, diabetic wounds/ulcers, torn Achilles tendon, sprained ankles, or surgery to the foot/ankle. They can also be used for partial or complete amputations of the foot for permanent mobility, or while waiting for the wound to heal and/or fitting of a prosthesis.
Knee Walkers utilize an elevated padded platform to rest the knee on and provide continuous support for your injured lim. This design enables the user to balance naturally using two legs, versus just one like crutches force you to do. You then move yourself by pushing off with your good leg and steer the unit by turning the handle bar to control the direction of the front wheels. Your injured leg will remain elevated and fully non-weight bearing during operation.
Knee Walkers help you recover while remaining active and mobile
What about Outdoor, Off Road Use?
If you are looking for a knee walker, regardless of whether you are considering renting or buying, we have some great options for you to explore.;Keep in mind that buying a knee walker can be more cost-effective then renting one.;All KneeRover® knee walkers include free next day shipping!
Main Benefits Of The Drive Medical Dv8 Aluminum Steerable Knee Walker
- The ideal aid to assist individuals recovering from sprains, foot surgery, amputation and; breaks, amputation, and foot ulcersKnee walker can be steered for increased maneuverability; steering column folds for storageLeg pad with designed with comfort contour which provides added comfort and stabiityNo Tools required to adjust height of handle and seatMaximum weight capacity of user is 300 lbsKnee Pad Dimensions: 14.25 x 7.25 Height adjust from 17.5 to 21.5Handle Height adjusts from 33-37.5
Steerable Knee Scooter Knee Walker Turning Leg Walker Crutches Alternative in Green from KneeRover
Another of the best knee walkers for 2016 comes from KneeRover. This model, which comes in green, has an adjustable locking hand brake as well as a rear disc brake providing a higher level of safety and stability.
You May Like: How To Relieve Knee Cap Pain
Basket For Carrying Items
You may not think about having a basket on your knee scooter but is one of the most asked about accessories people want.; A lot of the best models either have a basket already with the scooter or you can get a basket that will fit on the front of the handlebars.; Carrying water, newspapers, books, or anything else is essential and you will probably want one if you dont have a basket at some point.;
Knee Scooter Safety Tips
videos;Among these are:
- Always lock in the brakes when getting on and off the scooter. It will ensure extra stability and keep it from rolling away.;
- If you feel you’re moving to fast, use the hand brakes to regulate your speed .
- Use extra caution when moving downhill, it’s easy to increase your moving speed unwillingly. In addition to your hand brake, also use your good foot as a brake to regulate your speed. Always move extra slow in these situations.
- Use your best judgment and be vigilant of inclines, rough sidewalks, or loose objects on the surface.
- When making turns, always slow down first, or else you run the risk of losing balance and falling over.
- Make sure that the scooter is adequately adjusted. Knee rest orientation needs to be correct, handlebar and knee rest height need to be adjusted appropriately to your size.
- Be careful when you transition between surfaces. Rolling over two surface transitions or door thresholds can cause bumps or a sudden increase or decrease of speed.
- Do not sit and ride your knee scooter. You can lose balance and hurt yourself with the unit.
- No tricks!
Recommended Reading: How To Reduce Swelling In Knee Quickly
Using Crutches Can Be Tiring
Crutches require the user to put a lot of strain on their upper body and much of their weight is distributed in this area. For this reason, using crutches can be tiring.; Additionally, it is not uncommon for people using crutches to become sore where they have been putting their weight on the equipment whereas a knee walker can provide a much more comfortable experience.
Crutches also require the user to use both of their hands at the same time which means that they limit what the person is able to do. Your knee walker will not present this problem leaving you free to tend to other things.
Essential Medical Supply Free Spirit Knee And Leg Walker Scooter
Award: Most Durable
WHY WE LIKE IT: This knee walker can support up to 400 lbs and yet still delivers a smooth ride, led by large 8-inch wheels anda dual braking system for increased control, and a 400-pound weight capacity.
- Heavier than average
- High cost
This knee and leg walker has amax weight capacity of 400 pounds. Bonus points for its height adjustable knee pads fittinganyone between 52 and 68.Overall dimensions for this unit are 31 long and 17.5 wide.
A wide front axle and center rear wheels increase stability, as only the wheels move when turning. We also enjoyed its loop style hand brakes and 30 percent turning radius, which allows us to make quicker stops and tighter turns than most four-wheelers. This is especially useful in small apartments. You may also want to read about 50cc scooters.
Read Also: How Do They Do Knee Replacement Surgery
How Much Is A Knee Scooter
Generally, the purchase cost range for knee walkers ;is from $125 to $400; it all depends on the specific model you need. Obviously, the most expensive models will have more features and capabilities.;
Another great alternative to purchasing a knee walker is to rent one. You can rent one online for a little as $30 per week and have it shipped anywhere . This is a service we provide, which is the most competitive on the market today. ;
It’s necessary first to figure out what your needs are, and then you can narrow down on the kind of scooter best suited for you. Think about the questions on the What is the Best Knee Scooter;section of this article. Do you need a simple barebones scooter, all-terrain model, or specialized one?We have an excellent guide you can use to help you choose the appropriate knee scooter for you. Furthermore, you can contact us , and we will happily answer any questions you have.