Home Remedies For Warts
People try countless home remedies for warts, but most do not help. They rub warts with garlic, or apply a paste made of baking powder and castor oil. They crush vitamin C tablets into a paste to cover the wart. They even soak warts in pineapple juice. Prolonged application of duct tape also has its fans, although evidence does not support its use.
Why Do Kids Get Warts
Viruses from the human papillomaviruses family cause warts.
HPV viruses are like other germs. The wart virus loves warm, moist places like small cuts or scratches on your hands or feet. Once the virus finds a nice warm place on the skin, a wart begins to develop. Warts can grow for many months sometimes a year or more before they are big enough to see. So if you do get a wart, you may never know where you came into contact with HPV.
If you touch a towel, surface, or anything else someone with a wart has used, you can pick up HPV. Kids who bite their fingernails or pick at hangnails get warts more often than kids who don’t. That’s why it’s important to avoid picking, rubbing, or scratching a wart, whether it’s on another person or on your own body.
What Can I Do To Prevent Skin Warts In My Child
Warts can spread to other parts of the body and to other people. It can be spread by skin to skin contact. It can be virus may be spread by towels or other personal items. You can help prevent the warts from spreading. Make sure your child:
Doesnt touch the wart to other parts of his or her body
Doesnt touch the wart to other people
Doesnt share anything that touches his or her wart, such as towels
Wears socks or slippers if he or she has warts on the bottom of the feet
Recommended Reading: Does Aflac Cover Hysterectomy
How Does Apple Cider Vinegar Treat Warts
Vinegar has been used for thousands of years to treat a variety of different ailments, from stomach aches to poison ivy and diabetes.
The idea that apple cider vinegar can be used to treat warts has withstood the test of time. In general, apple cider vinegar is believed to work for warts in the following ways:
- Vinegar is an acid , so it can kill some types of bacteria and viruses on contact.
- The vinegar burns and slowly destroys the infected skin, causing the wart to fall off, similar to how
Another method involves creating a solution for submerging your hands or feet:
Vinegar is a weak acid, containing between 4 and 8 percent acetic acid. However, even weak acids can cause chemical burns.
- difficulty breathing
What About Duct Tape
Researches have studied whether covering the wart with duct tape works, but have had conflicting results. One study found warts improved significantly using duct tape compared with liquid nitrogen, while another found duct tape didnt help.
Researchers dont know how duct tape might work. It could suffocate the wart. Alternatively, it could irritate the surrounding skin to produce inflammation. But there is no evidence for either.
If you use duct tape, we suggest using the silver type, which sticks to the skin more effectively than other types of duct tape. Cover the wart for six days, then remove the tape and soak the wart in warm water for 20 minutes. Use a pumice stone to remove the wart. Keep the wart uncovered overnight, then reapply the duct tape for another six days.
If the wart has not responded within two weeks, it is unlikely to respond.
Do not use duct tape if you are at risk of developing ulcers or skin infections, for instance if you have diabetes, poor blood circulation, poor nerve function or have sensitive skin.
Also Check: Inversion Table Benefits For Knees
Does Bloating Cause Weight Gain
Bloating can cause weight gain, but typically its going to be a pound or two at most. Lets look at this further. If belly bloating causes you to gain weight, it will be because youve eaten too much, and your digestive system has some work to do.
Of course, if you consistently overeat, then you will gain weight. Looking for weight loss hacks? Watch my video for the best tips ever!
If your bloat is due to something like PMS or too much sodium causing you to feel like youve added a few pounds, its highly likely after a few hours the weight will be gone.
These Are The Common Symptoms Of Bloating:
Pooping will feel almost impossible because your stool will be hard like pebbles
You will tend to pass a lot of gas when you are bloated
You will burp. A lot.
Youll experience stomach cramps
Your abdomen and not the stomach will increase in size
Another belly bloat symptom is that even after doing a number two, your belly will still full.
Read Also: How To Whiten Knees Fast
Home Remedies And Over
Given that common warts are generally non-serious, some people may choose to try and treat them at home, possibly after visiting a pharmacy, before seeking professional medical advice. Common techniques for doing this include:
- Salicylic acid products: Non-prescription salicylic acid products, such as plasters, gels and rubs, are available from most pharmacies. These salicylic acid products work in the same way as the prescription version, though may be less powerful. Repeated application will generally be necessary.
- Liquid nitrogen: Non-prescription liquid nitrogen products are generally available from pharmacies for application at home, usually in the form of a liquid or gel.
- Apple cider vinegar: A possible remedy is to mix two parts apple cider vinegar with one part water, apply this to the wart using a cotton ball, and leave the wart to soak in the solution for at least 20 minutes. Repeat this process until the warts have disappeared. Discontinue or consult a medical professional if you experience severe skin irritation or severe pain, and in case of any doubt, always consult a doctor first.
It can take a significant amount of time before home remedies make a difference, and they may not result in wart removal or cause side effects. If treatments prove ineffective or side effects are strong or worrying, seeking professional medical advice is recommended.
Milky Sap From Plants
Not everyone has access to wild plant medicines, but they are cheap and effective remedies for warts. The milky sap from specific plants can be applied to warts several times a day until improvement is seen. Pussy willow, milkweed, and dandelion stems can all be broken and used. I havent tried this one personally, so let me know if it works!
Recommended Reading: Where To Get Knee High Converse
Where Can You Get Warts
Warts occur most commonly in children and young adults, and can be found nearly anywhere on the body, but the hands, feet, knees, and elbows are the places I see them the most. Warts on the bottom of the foot are known as plantar warts. Many folks call them planters warts, as if you get them from planting things or from peanuts, but that is incorrect. The bottom of the foot is called the plantar surface, hence the name plantar warts. People dont generally get sick or die from plantar warts, although people with diabetes should always be careful with their feet. The reason these warts are a problem because you have to walk on them, and that hurts.
For some reason, people who handle poultry and fish and people with weaker immune systems are more likely to get warts. After contact with the virus, the wart wont show up for 2-6 months, and then it can last for years.
Warm Water And Sea Salt
Heres how you can use the combination of warm water and sea salt to get rid of warts. How to Treat Warts by Using Warm Water and Sea Salt? Soak the wart for up to 15 minutes in warm salt water. Using a pumice stone or nail file, scrape off the dead skin from the warts. Moisten the warts once again and apply sea salt to it. You can use a band aid or bandage to cover and hold the sea salt on top of the wart. If it falls off, just replace the bandage.
Don’t Miss: Inversion Table Knee Pain
Rule Out Wheat Allergies Or Lactose Intolerance
Food allergies and intolerances can cause gas and bloating. But these need to be confirmed by your doctor. Many people self-diagnose these conditions and unnecessarily eliminate healthy dairy and whole grains from their diets. If you suspect you have an or intolerance, see your doctor for tests.
You may benefit from reducing the amount of the suspected food or eating it with other foods. In the case of dairy, it can help to choose aged cheeses and yogurts, which are lower in lactose.
What Are The Symptoms And Signs Of The Different Types Of Warts
- There is a familiar type of dome-shaped warts on the backs of fingers, toes, and knees. These warts often have small black dots on their surfaces, which represent multiple thrombosed capillaries. Some people mistakenly call these dots “seed warts.”
- Plantar warts are found on the sole of the foot . Similar in appearance are warts on the palms . Small warts growing in clusters on the plantar surface of the foot have been called mosaic warts.
- Flat warts may arise on the face, legs, and other parts of the body, often in large numbers.
- Periungual warts are warts around or under the nail.
- Filiform warts have a single long stalk, often on the face.
- Most warts have a rough surface, as well as a number of black pinpoint spots that represent small clotted capillaries.
- Traumatized warts occasionally bleed and have been called blood warts.
Read Also: How Do I Get Rid Of Fat Around My Knees
How Do Warts Look And Feel
Most warts don’t hurt. But a wart can be annoying if it’s on a part of your body that gets bumped or touched all the time. Different kinds of warts grow on different parts of the body. Some warts are smooth and flat. Some are big, rough bumps. Others are tiny and grow in clusters.
Here are some types of warts:
- Common warts usually grow on fingers, hands, knees, and elbows. A common wart is dome-shaped and is usually grayish-brown. It has a rough surface with black dots.
- Flat warts are small and about the size of a pinhead. They’re smoother than other kinds of warts and have flat tops. A flat wart may be pink, light brown, or yellow. Most kids who get flat warts have them on their faces, but flat warts can also grow on arms, knees, or hands. There can be as many as 100 flat warts all clustered together.
- Although most warts are painless, a wart on the bottom of the foot called a plantar wart can really hurt. It can feel like you have a stone in your shoe. To prevent plantar warts, do not walk barefoot in public places like a gym locker or at a public pool. Also, change your shoes and socks every day and keep your feet clean and dry.
- You’ve probably seen filiform warts. They’re the kind that witches in movies and fairytale books have on their chins or noses. But you don’t have to be a witch to get one! A filiform wart has a finger-like shape and usually is flesh-colored. It often grows on or around the mouth, eyes, or nose.
Epsom Salts And Apple Cider Vinegar
Make a mixture of Epsom salts and apple cider vinegar and dab it on the wart a few times a day.10 The combination can soothe the area and help in healing. To boot, apple cider vinegar is known for its antiviral, antifungal, and antibacterial properties, which could be why it works so effectively on warts.11
You May Like: Does Tommie Copper Knee Sleeve Work
Why Do You Get A Bloated Stomach
Bloat sneaks up on you in surprising ways, depending on what you eat, certain habits you have, and even specific medical conditions. For example, bloating can be a result of digestive distress from eating certain foods , eating habits that cause you to take in more air, and even certain conditions such as a weak heart or being pregnant can all contribute to water retention.
Women can also retain water while theyre menstruating. Those who have irritable bowel syndrome can also experience uncomfortable bouts of bloating after eating foods that contain or during moments of stress.
Can Warts Be Prevented Or Avoided
Some warts can be prevented, others cannot. Warts may be naturally occurring, depending on whats causing them. But warts also may be passed from person to person by touch. It is also possible to get warts from using towels or other objects that were used by a person who has warts.
Warts on the genitals are very contagious and can be passed to another person during oral, vaginal, or anal sex. It is important not to have unprotected sex if you or your partner have warts on the genital area. Warts also can grow on the cervix without a person knowing it. They may then pass the infection to their sexual partner.
Read Also: How To Get Rid Of Knee Fat And Cellulite
Using Otc Wart Removers
Common wart removers available at any drugstore include:
- Adhesive pads or solutions with salicylic acid. Clean the area around the wart, apply the solution as directed, and later remove the dead skin with an Emery board or pumice stone. The success rate is about 75%, but the process may take six to 12 weeks, says Silverberg.
- Solutions with propane or Freon that âfreezeâ the wart. The success rate is about 75% after two or three treatments, Silverberg says.
Silverberg cautions: Donât use over-the-counter wart treatments on any wart on a childâs face or lips.
Pharmacy First Scotland: Warts And Verrucas Treatment From Your Pharmacy
Warts and verrucas aren’t usually serious and can be treated by a pharmacist. Your pharmacist may recommend that you see your GP if required.
Most types of warts are easy to identify because they have a distinctive appearance. You should always see your pharmacist first if you have a growth on your skin you are unable to identify or are worried about.
Your pharmacist will be able to tell if it’s a wart simply by looking at it. Where it is on your body and how it affects surrounding skin will also be taken into consideration.
Sometimes your pharmacist will advise you to see your GP about a wart.
Don’t Miss: Knees Crack When Doing Squats
Best Home Remedies For Warts
The usual way to treat warts is to go to a dermatologist or doctor that knows how to remove warts quickly. There are surgical methods, laser treatments, and cryotherapy that can effectively remove warts, but they are usually expensive. You can also choose topical medications, but they may also bring some side effects such as rashes, body aches, and blisters. Another great option on how to get rid of warts is by using home remedies that are proven to be effective. You dont need to spend a lot of money and it is much safer since it does not contain strong chemicals. Here are some of the best wart removal methods that you can try at home.
Tips For Preventing Warts On Your Hands
Your hands are constantly experiencing the world around you through touch. This may put them in contact with the HPV viruses which cause warts.
Warts tend to grow or thrive in warm, moist places. The viruses that cause warts are also able to live outside of the body, so we can pick them up from common surfaces such as gym rooms and showers.
Simply being exposed to a wart virus or coming into contact with one doesnt mean youll get warts. Youre more likely to be exposed by having broken skin, like cuts and scrapes.
Here are some ways you can help prevent warts:
- Avoid touching warts on other people and on yourself.
- Cover any minor cuts or scrapes on your hands.
- Keep your hands clean.
- Maintain healthy habits in crowded areas, such as public transportation vehicles.
- Avoid biting your nails or the hangnails that can form around them.
- Wear shoes or sandals in public showers and pool areas.
If you do get a wart, treat it immediately to stop it from spreading.
Also Check: Bleach Dark Knees
Using Unverified Home Remedies