Gently Exfoliate Your Skin To Remove Dead Skin Cells
If you have dry or flaky skin, gentle exfoliation can help remove roughness caused by dead skin cells and reveal smooth, healthy-looking skin underneath. Exfoliation can remove natural oils on your skin, so make sure to apply a body lotion after exfoliating to replenish your skinâs moisture levels. If you have sensitive or broken skin, avoid exfoliation as it can sometimes irritate your skin.
Yellowish Scaly Patches On And Around Your Eyelids
These develop when you have high fat levels in your blood. It can also be a sign that your diabetes is poorly controlled.The medical name for this condition is xanthelasma.
- Tell your doctor about the yellowish scaly patches around your eyes.
- Talk with your doctor about how to better control your diabetes. Controlling diabetes can clear the scaly patches.
Natural Remedies For Red Dots On Legs
img source: shopify.com
Essentially, there various natural products that are very applicable in treating skin disorders including red spots on legs. Some of these products can be blended while others can just be used alone. While applying these products, you first have to establish the causes of your red spots. Below are examples of natural remedy products:
- Aloe Vera
How To Use Cucumber To Remove Dark Spots On The Knees And Elbows
There are two ways to use cucumber for dark spots:
The first is by:
- Mixing equal amounts of cucumber juice and lemon juice
- Apply this mix on all affected areas including underarms
- Allow it to sit for 20 30 minutes
- Wash it off with cold or mild-warm water
- This can be repeated every day until you get results.
The second is by:
Melanoma Vs Liver Spots How To Tell The Difference
Melanoma can also appear as patches of darkened skin that look like liver spots . Doctors from the Mayo Clinic say that true age spots are harmless.3 However, having many age spots could put you at greater risk of skin cancer.1
You can tell the difference between age spots and melanoma by observing if the darkened patch of skin changes. Use the ABCDE system to tell the difference between melanoma and liver spots on your skin. Liver spots that become darker or change in appearance should be checked by a doctor.
You May Like: Inversion Table After Hip Replacement
Are Dark Knees And Elbows Normal
Darker patches of skin around knees and elbows is an absolutely normal phenomenon, as these regions are more prone to friction and pressure. Darkening of these joints is more common in people with darker skin tones, as they tend to produce more melanin. This natural pigment produced by your skin protects you from the UV rays of the sun.
Even though darkening of knees and elbows is mostly harmless, in rare cases it might indicate an underlying skin disorder which needs to be treated by a dermatologist.
How To Lighten Dark Knees And Elbows Naturally
- Lack of exfoliation, which causes the accumulation of dead skin cells on the skin over a period of time.
- Prolonged sun exposure leading to hyper-pigmentation and a darker skin tone in that area.
- Hormonal changes or reactions of the body.
- Pigmentation because of skin aging.
- UV radiation causing Melasma.
- Friction because of skins contact with certain fabrics, or any external objects.
- Skin issues like Psoriasis, or Eczema.
- Post-injury skin damage on knees and elbows.
Also Check: Nano Knee Surgery Cost
Top 13 Unexpected Ways To Banish Dark Knees And Elbows Naturally
I. Causes Of Dark Knees
There are a variety of factors that bring about dark spots on knees, even elbows. Below are several common causes of dark knees you need to know:
- Abrasion: Human body itself produces things to protect it from external harm. When any part of the body is rubbed with other things for a long time, layers of the skin on that part will become thicker than normal to avoid damaging the dermis on lower layers of the skin. Therefore, dead skin cells appear and make your skin, especially on knees and elbows darker.
- The light from the sun: The absorption between dead skin cells and the light from the sun still occurs. Dead cells themselves make your skin look darker than normal. Even when dead cells on the skin of knees are produced and exposed to the light from the sun directly, you will get dark spots on your knees or elbows.
- Lack of oil on your skin: That your skin is too dry makes pollutants existing in the air do harm to it and makes the skin become drier and drier. This helps speed up the rate of forming dead skin cells, which are the main factor leading to the darkness of knees.
- Other factors causing dark knees and elbows include obesity, hormone disproportion, skin hyperpigmentation, Addisons syndrome, and melanocytes.
II. How To Tips
The following are the best ways to help eliminate darkness from knees and elbows naturally.
1. Baking Soda With Milk
2. Hydrogen Peroxide
3. Almond Oil
Avoiding Dark Knees And Elbows
Exfoliating these areas regularly can help prevent dark spots from forming and spreading. The more you exfoliate, the more dead skin youll remove, making it less likely for discoloration to occur. Sometimes, simply washing trouble areas can reduce darkening. We also recommend covering the skin with sunscreen any time youre exposed to the sun. Sunscreen is a lifesaver in preventing dark spots, so be generous with it and dont forget to reapply often!
For professional treatments, intimate bleaching can provide effective and immediate results. As your old cells die off, theyre replaced with new ones containing less melanin. This results in a natural brightness to your skin tone and your elbows and knees will appear much lighter.
For more information on our skin lightening services, call us at 429-7055 today!
Read Also: How To Regrow Cartilage Naturally
Why Is The Skin On Your Elbows And Knees Darker Than The Rest Of Your Body And What Can You Do About It A Dermatologist Weighs In
Dirima/ShutterstockPity the skin on your elbows and kneesit takes a beating. Its probably not your number one skin concern, and its not the first thing your dermatologist will notice about you. But you know youre neglecting it, especially in winter when you dont have to see it all the time. Patients complain to me about the skin on their elbows and knees all the time, says Joshua Zeichner, MD, a dermatologist and director of Cosmetic and Clinical Research at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York. Particularly about how its darker than the rest of their skin. Yeahwhat about that? Why are those areas so much darker and rough?
Dr. Zeichner explains that the skin on the elbows and knees is subject to chronic stretching from bending and rubbing against clothes and furniture. All that friction inflames the skin, and it literally grows thicker to protect itselfand thats why it looks darker.
The skin on the elbows and knees also tends to be dryer than skin on the rest of the body, which makes it even more susceptible to inflammation, redness, and peeling. The elbows and knees are also where psoriasisan autoimmune disease in which the body attacks its own skin cellstends to show up first, and it can lead to thick, red, scaly buildup.
Here are some really useful skin-care tips that dermatologists actually use themselves.
Is It Normal To Have Dark Knees And Elbows
Dark knees and elbows are quite common in children as well as adults. It is often not a cause for worry and can be healed with simple Ayurvedic and home remedies. As per research, people with darker skin tones are more likely to develop the condition as their skin is naturally prone to producing more melanin.
Also Check: Is Nano Knee Covered By Medicare
How To Get Rid Of Dark Elbows And Knees
Do not allow your dark elbows and knees to rob all the confidence you need to wear short dresses and sleeveless tops, it would not be an embarrassing affair anymore!
Regular bathing is vital to keep the skin and the body clean and healthy. Bathing and scrubbing helps eliminate dirt, oil, dead skin cells and germs from the skin. Our skin constantly gets renewed as dead skin cells are shed from the body and new ones form itself about once a month. These dead skin cells can easily be removed by exfoliation and basic hygiene, such as bathing with a mild soap, water and loofah. If you would not wash any of the area of your skin regularly and properly, these dead skin cells may build up dark patches that are often scaly and rough. Symptoms may get worse the longer a person does not clean properly. Also secondary infections and other skin disorders can arise if these dark patches are left untreated.
Outbreak Of Small Reddish
When these bumps appear, they often look like pimples. Unlike pimples, they soon develop a yellowish color. Youll usually find these bumps on the buttocks, thighs, crooks of the elbows, or backs of the knees. They can form anywhere though.
These bumps appear suddenly and clear promptly when diabetes is well-controlled.
When these bumps appear, they often look like pimples. Unlike pimples, they soon develop a yellowish color. Youll usually find these bumps on the buttocks, thighs, crooks of the elbows, or backs of the knees. They can form anywhere though. No matter where they form, they are usually tender and itchy. The medical name for this skin condition is eruptive xanthomatosis.
- Tell your doctor about the bumps because this skin condition appears when you have uncontrolled diabetes.
- Talk with your doctor about how to better control your diabetes.
You May Like: Can You Rebuild Cartilage In Your Knee
What Causes Calluses On Knees
The skin area which is subjected to friction and pressure for a long period of time becomes dead. It forms a hard protective layer. Unlike warts, calluses are not caused by virus. Often people working in gardens and those who have to put pressure on their knees while working are susceptible to develop calluses and thickened skin on their knees.
Avoid Using Alkaline Soaps And Surfactants
The products youâre currently using may play a role in your dry skin. Take a look at your current products to see if they contain irritating ingredients that may be drying out your skin. Additionally, make sure youâre not overcleansing your skin. Washing your skin too often can cause it to dry out and lead to rough, patchy skin.
Recommended Reading: How To Stop Limping After Knee Surgery
Use Fruits As Bleaching Agent
There are various seasonal fruits like tomato, lemon, and grapes which are enriched with bleaching properties.
Regular intake of such fruits in your diet help to get rid of black and dead skin fast. You can apply the juice of these bleaching fruits regularly on your elbows and knees to get rid of this black and dead skin issue.
Other Causes Of Red Spots On Legs
Apart from the mentioned above causes, more potential causes can be linked to red spot that occurs on the legs. These cause may include, ingrown hairs, a reaction to sulpha drugs or birth pills, peripheral artery disease, diabetes mellitus, Erythema nodosum, Scleroderma, insect bites among other causes.
Also Check: Rollator Knee Scooter
Possible Causes Of Dark Elbows Or Knees
In most cases, Dark elbows or knees occur when the dead skin cells or other impurities get accumulated in a particular area. Some of the other causes are,
- The hyperpigmentation is caused when youre skin is overexposed to suns harmful rays
- Due to the usage of birth control pills
- The formation of Melasma which are dark spots from post-pregnancy
- It can be due to skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczema
- The age spots can also be a reason
- People with melanin pigment are at high risk of dark elbows
Besides these causes, dark elbows or knees are formed when you dont take proper care of them. A lack of attention can ruin any part of your body when compared to the prominent areas like the face.
Despite all these factors causing dark elbows and knees, here are the solutions which can make you get rid of dark elbows and knees.
Natural Tricks To Remove Dark Knees And Elbows
Accumulation of dead skin cells, friction, extensive exposure to sun, or a hormonal imbalance can become the cause of dark knees and elbows. These parts of our body don’t contain any oil glands and it’s important to protect them from dryness through proper care and hygiene.
We at Bright Side present 10 easy yet super effective techniques to help you nourish your skin and remove dark patches.
Don’t Miss: What Rebuilds Cartilage
Symptoms And Characteristic Of Red Spots On Legs
img source: healthline.com
Actually, the occurrence of red dots on the legs can exist alongside some symptoms but this will depend on the type and nature of the involved red spot. On the other side, we also have to admit that not all the red spots will show up their symptoms. Some reds spot on legs sometimes can be itchy and very painful. All in all these spots on legs tend to have variant characteristic and may manifest as any of the following:
- Flat dots
- Raised or bumpy
- Crusted edges
The size in this case can be very small like a pinpoint or it can be very large .The red dots can be numerous or it can be very few depending on the nature of the triggers
Five Simple Solutions For Dark Elbows Knees And Knuckles
Black skin is beautiful, but many Black women dont like to have unusually darker skin around the elbows, knees and even the underarms. This common problem among African Americans is called hyperpigmentation. Pigmentation means coloring. Your skin gets its color from a pigment called melanin. Increased melanin in the elbows and knees will make the skin darker.
There are many natural cures to eliminate dark elbows and knees. All are safe and utilize common household ingredients. Here are just five:
Try these solutions daily for best results. In a few weeks, you will see a difference.
You May Like: Can I Regrow Cartilage In My Knee
Turmeric Powder For Dark Knees
What You Have To Do
How Often You Should Do This
Repeat this two to three times in a week.
Why This Works
Turmeric cleanses the skins impurities and evens out the skin tone. It also renders a natural glow to the skin . Milk in this paste will also help in lightening the dark skin and honey will keep it hydrated and nourished .
Use A Thick Body Butter Overnight For Deep Hydration
Compared to lotions, body butters are thicker formulas designed to deeply moisturize your skin. Since body butters tend to be richer than lotion, apply body butter at night so it has time to soak into your skin. You can also use this type of moisturizer as a spot treatment on dry areas like your knees and elbows.
You May Like: Regrow Knee Cartilage Naturally
A Handy Solution: Milk And Turmeric Paste
If darkness on the elbows and knees is getting you down, turn to natural whitening ingredients. Some of those tested ones are milk and turmeric! These ingredients have been used for skin lightening for ages. Turmeric contains curcumin which inhibits the activity of melanin in your body. Due to presences of this element, it reduces those ugly dark patches on your joints.
Milk will cleanse the skins impurities and honey will secure your skin with moisturizer. Here’s how you can prepare it.
Home Remedies To Lighten Dark Knees Naturally
- Lime juice: freshly squeezed lime has excellent bleaching effect. Smear the juice on the knees and leave on for half an hour. Daily application yields good results.
- Hydrogen peroxide: helps whiten dark knees effectively.
- Exfoliation: exfoliating the knees once or twice a week helps prevent discolorations and pigmentation. A natural scrub comprising of oatmeal, milk and lemon rind helps get rid of dirt and dead skin. You may also use a loofah daily while bathing.
- Coconut oil and lime: blend 3 spoons of coconut oil with the juice of half a lime. Massage in to the knees daily. Leave on for half an hour. It lightens the skin noticeably.
- Moisturization: moisturizing the skin every day after a shower is extremely important. Use a good quality moisturizer or you may use any of the following to lubricate the skin shea butter, coconut oil, jojoba oil, almond oil, cocoa butter or walnut oil.
- Sun protection: protecting the skin from the sun is very crucial. Sunscreens helps shield the skin from the harmful effects of the suns UV rays. Slather a good sun block all over the body, particularly the exposed parts. Use a sunscreen that has SPF 30 or SPF 45.
Recommended Reading: Getting Rid Of Fat Around Knees