Advantages Of Total Knee Replacement Surgery In India
Total knee replacement surgery in India is at affordable price,, provides pain relief, improved function and mobility of the knees and improved quality of life. There is zero waiting period for Total Knee Replacement Surgery Hospital in India when compared to the Western nations. You can also avail the cheapest knee replacement surgery in India in comparison to the developed countries.
Knee Replacement Surgery Cost In India Vs Other Countries
The knee replacement surgery cost in India usually ranges between 1,62,000 to 5,11,000 INR. However, the exact price would vary depending on the location, the hospital, the surgeon, and the type of surgery you want.
In foreign countries, the cost of knee replacement surgery is comparatively high. It usually ranges between 26L to 37L INR in the USA, 14L to 19L in the UK, and 7L to 10L in Singapore.
This difference is due to the higher number of private hospitals and hence, the higher competition in India. It leads to the hospitals providing quality services at a lower price. The doctors in India also charge less than those from other countries but provide quality treatment. Also, the side expenses like food, stay, etc., are more affordable here, affecting the overall expense.
Best Hospitals For Knee Replacement In Delhi India
If you are experiencing any kind of pain in your knees, feel free to contact us to know more about the total cost of knee replacement surgery. We provide you with the best orthopedic surgeons in India. Our patient care team assists and guides the patient throughout the process by delivering proven quality care.
We are connected with the best hospitals in India for knee replacement surgery. Here, you will find some of the best knee replacement hospitals in India that are completely outfitted with the newest types of equipment, tools, implants, and infrastructure to carry out the treatment.
Recommended Reading: Why Do The Back Of My Knees Itch
Cost Of Surgery Based On The Type Of Knee Replacement:
|$3200 – $5400|
Unilateral Knee Repalcement:
Because only one knee is operated on and the injured portions are replaced with prosthesis implants, unilateral total knee replacement is less expensive than bilateral complete knee replacement.
Bilateral Total Knee Replacement:
Bilateral total knee replacement is more expensive since both knees must be operated on, and you typically need to stay in the hospital for a longer period of time.
Partial Knee Replacement:
You will pay less for a partial knee replacement because only the damaged interior or outer portion of your knee is replaced.
Revision Knee Replacement:
Due to the more challenging and expensive nature of the revision procedure, where the original implants must be removed, the cost of Revision knee replacement is much higher.
Q What Is The Alternative To Knee Replacement Surgery
A. The first alternative to knee surgery most physicians try is lifestyle modification. This may include weight loss avoiding activities such as running and twisting, which can aggravate the knee injury modifying exercise to no- and low-impact and other changes in your daily routine to reduce stress on your knee
Also Check: What Causes Water On The Knee
Faqs About The Day Of Surgery
- Q- What will occur during the knee replacement surgery?
- Anesthesiologist guides you through the options of anesthesia and administers the one for which you give your consent.
- After this, healthcare moves you to the operation ward, and the surgery is performed on you while youre asleep.
- An incision from 4 to 10 inches will is made over the damaged area of your knee. A less invasive surgery will require a smaller incision, though it is not mandatory that a surgery with smaller incision must be less invasive as well.
- From here on, the surgeon uses his expertise to remove the damaged parts of the knee and carefully replace them with the prosthetics.
- After entirely fitting the implants, the surgeon will cross check the fit of the implants by bringing them in motion .
- Once the surgeon is satisfied with the placement of the implants, he stitches/staples the incision to close it.
- Q- How long will the knee replacement surgery last?
- The real-time TKR takes about 2 hours. Still, the preparation of the surgery can add some more hours to it.
- Revision knee surgery, on the other hand, being more complex, requires additional time. It usually takes 2-3 hours.
- Q- Is anesthesia during TKR necessary?
- Knee surgery is one of the major surgeries, and anesthesia is recommended to avoid any pain stress to the body.
- You may choose between localized or general anesthesia after consulting your anesthesiologist.
- Q- Can I select the anesthesia?
- Q- Would I incur any pain during TKR?
Zirconium Alloy And All Plastic Tibial Component:
Zirconium alloy is used in India as a new ceramic knee implant. This alloy is combined with an all-plastic tibial component. It replaces the metal tray and plastic insert used in other knee replacement surgeries. It is believed that this new knee could last for 20-25 years that is more than the effectiveness of cobalt-chromium alloy and polyethylene implants. The new combination can be lubricated. It results in a smoother and easier articulation through the plastic.
Zirconium alloy is biocompatible also. It also eliminates the risk to nickel-allergic patients because this new material contains no nickel.
Also Check: What Would Cause Pain In The Back Of Your Knee
Reasons For The Procedure
Knee replacement surgery is a treatment for pain and disability in the knee. The most common condition that results in the need for knee replacement surgery is osteoarthritis.
Osteoarthritis is characterized by the breakdown of joint cartilage. Damage to the cartilage and bones limits movement and may cause pain. People with severe degenerative joint disease may be unable to do normal activities that involve bending at the knee, such as walking or climbing stairs, because they are painful. The knee may swell or give-way because the joint is not stable.
Other forms of arthritis, such as rheumatoid arthritis and arthritis that results from a knee injury, may also lead to degeneration of the knee joint. In addition, fractures, torn cartilage, and/or torn ligaments may lead to irreversible damage to the knee joint.
If medical treatments are not satisfactory, knee replacement surgery may be an effective treatment. Some medical treatments for degenerative joint disease may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Anti-inflammatory medications
- Cortisone injections into the knee joint
- Viscosupplementation injections
There may be other reasons for your doctor to recommend a knee replacement surgery.
What Is A Navio Robotics
The NAVIO system is an advancement in the way orthopedic surgeons perform partial and totalknee replacement. Every NAVIO procedure has an individualized plan based on each patientÃ¢â¬â¢s unique anatomy. The system works in conjunction with the surgeonÃ¢â¬â¢s skilled hands to achieve precise positioning of components during surgery. This level of accuracy can help improve the function, feel and potential longevityof the knee implant. Advanced NAVIO technology helps the surgeon create a 3D map of your knee.
Don’t Miss: What Causes Swollen Knee With Pain
The Cost Of Knee Replacement Surgery
Knee replacement surgery cost in India is quite lower as compared to other developed nations. In India, the average knee replacement surgery cost ranges from Rs.1.5 lakh to Rs.2.3 lakh. The cost of knee replacement with insurance is much lower as most of the Medicare usually pays 100 per cent of inpatient charges. On the other hand, private insurance policies pre-negotiate fees with hospitals and providers. They only pay a percentage of the total charges.
How Is Knee Replacement Surgery Performed
Minimally invasive knee replacement is a new and innovative orthopedic surgical technique that allows orthopedic surgeons to carry out the surgery through knee replacement a shorter incision using a modern surgical approach that avoids trauma to the quadriceps muscle . As the procedure begins, an IV line is inserted into the patientâs arm to administer anesthesia. Throughout the surgery, the patientâs heart rate, blood pressure, respiratory rate and oxygen level are closely monitored.
Minimally invasive knee replacement requires a 3 to 4 inch incision instead of an 8 to 10 inch incision . The surgeon will remove the damaged or diseased part of the knee and replace it with an implant . After placing the knee implant, the surgeon will test for fit and mobility of the knee joint implant before closing the incision. The incision will be then closed using sutures and the patient will be taken to the recovery room.
Lesser damage and trauma to the knee joint promotes a shorter recovery time and often permits patients to walk the same day of the surgery. The less-traumatic nature of minimally invasive knee replacement also decreases post-operative pain and diminishes the need for physiotherapy compared to traditional approaches for knee replacement.
You May Like: Is Heat Or Ice Better For Arthritic Knees
The Average Cost Of Surgery:
Total knee replacement surgery in India can cost $3,500-9,000, compared to $15,000-21,000Saga magazine, UKPaying for a new kneeRecent figures indicate an average cost of £11,400, although this may go as high as £15,400.View in Article in the U.K. and $49000HealthlineUnderstanding Knee Replacement CostsThe average hospital charge for a total knee replacement in the United States is $49,500.View in Article in the U.S. The prices cut to half or even less, offering high savings to the patients!
We Have Solution For Your Problems
I evaluate all cases personally by complete examination. ACL is not torn alone and usually other soft tissues like cartilage and meniscus are also torn at the same time. Clinical examination helps one in understanding grade of injury whether it is partial or complete tear and also helps one to evaluate associated other ligament injuries. I read MRI myself and not depend on MRI report given as I can correlate between clinical findings and MRI images and this helps in better planning of Treatment
Recommended Reading: What Causes Osteoarthritis In The Knee
Why An Acl Injury Should Not Be Neglected
Waiting more months will lead to knee cartilage, meniscus, and thigh muscle degeneration. With the torn ACL the knee tends to have faster degeneration and leads to severe osteoarthritis very early and you will require total knee replacement surgery before than a person with a normal knee. Treatment is very important to prevent osteoarthritis, to maintain an active life and prevent total knee replacement surgery. After Hybrid ACL reconstruction with FiberTape Internal Brace + Bio Screw, the patient can get back into running and sports within 3 months of surgery.
Knee Replacement Surgery Cost In Different Parts Of India
The cost of arthroplasty is different for different procedures. Below is an average calculation of the knee replacement surgery cost in India:
The cost of a knee replacement depends on several factors. Some of them include-
- The procedure: A total knee replacement costs more than a partial replacement, and a bilateral surgery is more expensive than a unilateral replacement.
- The doctor: The experience, expertise, and specialty of the doctor performing the surgery affects the cost of the procedure.
- The hospital: The facilities provided by the hospital greatly affect the overall expense.
- The location: The price for the healthcare facilities provided varies between different cities and states.
Below is a list of the approximated price range for knee replacement surgery in different regions of India. However, remember that these mentioned prices are only estimated to give you an idea. The exact price could vary between different doctors and hospitals.
Read Also: Why Do I Get Pain In My Knees
Top Hospitals In India For Knee Replacement Surgery:
Most highly rated hospitals in India are JCI accreditated and NABH accredited which ensures in providing the high standard of care to the patients. These hospitals are also having a world-class infrastructure which provides a pleasant ambiance for their patients. Best hospitals for Knee Replacement Surgery in India are well equipped with the latest medical devices. Well trained and experienced nursing staff are present in these hospitals who can take very good care of the patients. 24×7 Emergency services and ambulatory services are available in most of the best Knee Replacement Hospitals in India.
These are the best Hospitals for Knee Replacement in India:
Reverse Total Shoulder Replacement Surgery
It is for those who have damages to the muscles around the shoulders and have painful arthritis in their shoulders. In this procedure, the surgeon first removes the damaged bone and smooths the ends. Then he attaches the rounded joint piece to the shoulder bone and uses the cup-shaped piece to replace the top of the upper arm bone. So, in effect the position of the ball and socket are reversed. The ball is positioned on the glenoid and is known as glenosphere, while the socket is positioned on the humeral shaft.
The rotator cuff arthropathy is the primary reason for a reverse total shoulder arthropathy which is a condition of progressive arthritic degeneration of the shoulder joint. The main reason for this condition is the long-term dysfunction of rotator cuff due to non-repairable chronic rotator cuff tears within the shoulder. At least two of the four rotator cuff muscles need to be torn or dysfunctional for rotator cuff arthropathic to develop. Because of the dysfunction, the normal biomechanics of the shoulder joint are lost.
Recommended Reading: How To Relieve Knee Pain When Running
Explore 10 Verified Knee Replacement Clinics In India
The hospitals ranking is based on 299 requests, 74 patient reviews, prices, and information from 10 clinics
Joint Commission International
Joint Commission International identifies, measures, and shares best practices in quality and patient safety in the world.
Indian National Hospital Accreditation Board
National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers is a constituent board for accreditation of medical organizations regarding the safety and quality of medical assistance.
World’s Best Hospitals 2021 by Newsweek
The authoritative list of The World’s Best Hospitals 2021 by Newsweek magazine honors medical centers according to key medical performance indicators, patient satisfaction data, and recommendations from global medical experts.The ranking is composed in partnership with data research company Statista.
â Excellent level of hygiene during knee replacement surgery in India
Artemis has received hygiene excellence award among Asia Pacific facilities from World Health Organization .
â Patientsâ safety
The hospital has an ISO certification for the safe anesthesia during the surgical interventions
â One of the lowest prices
Artemis is one of Indian centers that offers high-quality services at low-costs. The prices are 3-4 times lower than in European or US hospitals.
Da Vinci Robotic Surgery System
Indian National Hospital Accreditation Board
Da Vinci Robotic Surgery System
Joint Commission International
How Can You Prepare Yourself Before Knee Replacement Surgery
- If you smoke, cut down or quit. Smoking changes blood flow patterns, delays healing and slows recovery.
- If you drink, don’t have any alcohol for at least 48 hours before surgery.
- Ask your doctor for pre-surgical exercises. If you are having hip or knee replacement surgery, doing exercises to strengthen your upper body will help you cope with crutches or a walker after surgery.
- Your primary care physician or an internist will conduct a general medical evaluation several weeks before surgery. This examination will assess your health and your risk for anesthesia. The results of this examination should be forwarded to your orthopedic surgeon, along with a surgical clearance.
- Shortly before your scheduled surgery, you will probably have an orthopedic examination to review the procedure and answer any last-minute questions.
- You may need to take several types of tests, including blood tests, a cardiogram, a urine sample and a chest X-ray.
- Advice your surgeon of any medical conditions you have and of all the medications you are taking. You may need to stop taking certain medications or your surgeon may recommend substitute medications until your surgery. Medications such as corticosteroids, insulin or anti-coagulants will need to be managed before and after surgery.
Recommended Reading: Questions To Ask Before Knee Replacement
How To Recover After Knee Replacement Treatment In India
Recovery after knee replacement surgery is painful and takes a long time. You are carried to the recovery room in a wheelchair immediately after the procedure. You have to stay for few hours there. Next, if everything remains fine, you are transferred to your hospital room. Typically, you are required to stay in the hospital for a few days following the procedure. The surgeon regularly visits you each day to check your recovery.
You can expect to feel extreme pain during the initial few days after the surgery. The pain subsides in a few weeks time. However, it may take at least two to three months before you are able to walk normally without someones help or support of crutches or a walker.
You will be asked to move your feet and ankles for improved blood flow. In addition, you will be prescribed a few medicines to manage pain and to make blood thin to prevent the formation of blood clots. You will also be asked to wear compression boots for a few weeks. The knee replacement cost in India also depends on the duration of your stay.
Is Shoulder Joint Replacement For You
The decision to have shoulder replacement surgery should be a cooperative one between you, your family, your family physician, and your orthopaedic surgeon.
There are several reasons why your doctor may recommend shoulder replacement surgery. People who benefit from surgery often have:
- Severe shoulder pain that interferes with everyday activities, such as reaching into a cabinet, dressing, toileting, and washing.
- Moderate to severe pain while resting. This pain may be severe enough to prevent a good nights sleep.
- Loss of motion and/or weakness in the shoulder.
- Failure to substantially improve with other treatments such as anti-inflammatory medications, cortisone injections, or physical therapy.
Recommended Reading: Hyaluronic Acid Injection For Knee