If You Are Also Tired Of Your Dark Elbows And Knees And Want To Wear That Lbd You Always Had Your Eyes Upon Read On To Know How To Get Rid Of Dark Elbows And Knees
If there is one thing that we forget every day and very often, is to keep ourselves first. In the humdrum of regular life, we tend to lose out on one very important aspect – Self Care. It is essential that you take out time from your busy routine and dedicate a part of the day for yourself. Be it indulging in an hour of skincare or an hour of exercising, taking out time for yourself is as important as personal hygiene. When we give ourselves time out of our busy routine it helps us maintain our mental and physical balance. So, without further ado, let’s get to the main issue: your elbows and knees.
So many times we have ditched that beautiful LBD because our knees are too black and it does not look good. And, if the same is with your elbows, we try avoiding wearing sleeveless because of the same. Here are a few ways you can get rid of your darks in the most perfect and cheapest way possible!
Rated The #1 Choice For Lightening Skin In Intimate Areas
- Safe for all skin types
- No harsh chemicals, perfumes or parabens
- Made from natural ingredients
- Cruelty-free – Amaira products are not tested on animals
- Made 100% in the USA in an FDA-licensed facility
- Shipped free in the US
- 60-day Money-back Guarantee
WORKS WONDERS! – Deanna
I’ve been using this for a few weeks now and have some dark spots on my face and my inner thighs. This has worked wonders and lightened all the spots! It is light and odor free. I’ll be buying more!
Pink Madison Skin Whitening Mask Cream
A dark spot corrector that is effective to even out the of your elbows and knees by lightening it a few shades more. Pink Madison Skin Whitening Mask is perfect for face, body, dark spots, and age spots. The formula has all-natural and holistic ingredients like jojoba seed oil, Morus alba root extract, bentonite clay, papaya extract vitamin C, B3, lactic acids, and various other clays for doing the job correctly.
Don’t Miss: Nano Knee Procedure
Asavea Advanced Brightening Whitening Cream
It is a skin whitening, brightening and lightening cream for elbows, knees, neck, underarms, legs, intimate parts, back, and other discolorations. It is made with collagen and helps to nourish the skin for more glowing skin. Collagen firms the skin and keeps it younger. AsaVea Advanced Brightening Cream contains safe and gentle ingredients like bamboo charcoal and glycerol. Make your bikini body ready with a perfect white tone for the upcoming summer, pool, vacation, beach or other special occasions.
What Are The Crusty Age Spots That Grow On Your Skin As You Age
These barnacles are structurally similar to warts because theyre made up of excessive layers of skin cells from both the living and dead skin layers. The fact that they are made from your outer skin layers means that skin care products can help to get rid of the growths. There are some easy skin care tricks to help control these age spots and last week I spent a lot of time teaching patients how to do this.
Read Also: What Rebuilds Cartilage
Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Dark Elbows And Knees Fast
If you are having dark elbows and knees and want to get rid of them then the help is underway.
In this article, I have gathered for you some of the best and working home remedies to get rid of dark elbows and knees fast.
before I go into the detail of how to get rid of dark elbows and knees I want to let you know some of the common causes of it:
The below mentioned are some of the causes of dark elbows and knees:
- Accumulation of Dead Skin Cells
- Extensive Exposure to Sun
- Hormonal Imbalance
Our elbows and knees dont contain any oils glands so proper care and moisturization is necessary in order to protect them.
The below mentioned home remedies will help you protect and nourish these parts of the body and remove the dark patches.
Lets get started
Prevention From Darkening Of Knees And Elbows
Although darkening of knees and elbows is unavoidable sometimes, you can consider a few simple things to prevent it:
1. Apply a high SPF sunscreen on your skin before stepping out into the sun. Exposure to sunlight is one of the biggest triggers of hyperpigmentation, and sunscreens can help.
2. Avoid putting pressure on your knees and elbows for an extended period of time.
3. Treat wounds and injuries with care while they are healing.
4. Check for harsh ingredients in your skin care products and stop using them if they are causing irritation or rashes.
5. Your laundry detergents or body soap can also cause inflammation and skin darkening. Opt for gentler cleansers to prevent darkening of knees and elbows.
6. Lack of vitamin A and vitamin E in your diet can also adversely affect your skin and cause dark patches. You can include vegetables like carrots, sweet potatoes, pumpkins, etc. in your diet to get sufficient vitamin A. Nuts like almonds, hazelnuts, peanuts, sunflower seeds, and greens like spinach are a rich source of vitamin E.
Darkening of elbows and knees is a common phenomenon, especially among people with darker skin tones. It is usually not a major reason for alarm, except in rare cases where darkening of these joints may be due to some disease or hormonal disorders. If you are concerned about your appearance due to dark knees and elbows, opt for one of the OTC or home remedies to brighten them up.
Recommended Reading: Getting Rid Of Fat Around Knees
Makari Classic Skin Clarifying Cream
This product uses naturally derived vegeclairine that gradually fades dark marks, brown spots and discoloration. Makari Classic Skin Clarifying Cream is a type of whitening, toning and moisturizing body balm that work for elbows, knees, hands, feet fingers, toes, and knuckles. This ultra-rich balm is great for body bleaching. Its nourishing hydantoin delivers maximum hydration to dry, chapped, ashy skin. The citrus-based botanical product is safe for most skin types.
Common Reasons For Dark Knees And Elbows
Don’t Miss: Can Knee Cartilage Be Rebuilt
Read The Full Title Dark Knees And Dark Elbows Lightening Cream
Other people want this. 7 people have this in their carts right now.
Hooray! This item ships free to the US.
Materials: sepi white, sandalwood oil, aloe vera, kojic acid
This cream is formulated for dark knees and elbows. It clears of dark knees and elbows in a short period of time as this is very effective. Intense formula for fast results Apply on the knees and elbows twice a day
There was a problem calculating your shipping. Please try again.
Feel free to reach out, send us a message.
Let us know what size you want for an extra cost
All sales are final, please we do not accept returns as this is a skincare product and because of safety concerns returns are not accepted.
This seller usually responds within 24 hours.
How Does Exfoliation Work To Get Rid Of Crusty Age Spots On Your Body Skin
The reason that a regimen like this works so well is because it combines the strong glycolic acid “chemical exfoliation” power with the buffing of physical exfoliation.
- Glycolic acid, like other alpha hydroxy acids , loosens the cement that holds your dead skin cells together. The loose cells buff off easily.
- Glycolic acid causes a compacting of the healthy cells to give your skin a polished, smooth surface. Its sort of like using your own cells to give you a nice, waxy sheen.
- Glycolic acid also binds the water molecules to your skin for super-powerful hydration thats far more effective than plain moisturizers or oils.
The end result is polished, smooth, hydrated, and healthy skin.
Read Also: Whiten Knees Fast
How To Prevent Dark Skin On Knees
Its possible to reduce your chances of developing dark knees. Here are the best preventive methods:
- Regularly apply sunscreen. Since hyperpigmentation is often caused by sun damage, sunscreen is essential. Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen on your entire body, including your knees.
- Moisturize daily. Moisturize your knees with a hydrating cream. This can promote healthy skin.
Rated The #1 Choice For Brightening Skin
- Brightens the skin and refines its texture
- Ideal for all skin types
- Has amazing moisturizing properties
- Made 100% in the USA in an FDA-licensed facility
- 60-day Money-Back Guarantee
I’VE SEEN AMAZING RESULTS! – Customer Username: Kyra
Because of my struggle with severe acne, my skin tone is very uneven. I havent been able to find a product that takes care of the dark marks Im left with until I came across this Intensive Skin Lightening Cream. Ive already gone through several different packages and to say that Im loving the results would be an understatement! Best lightening product Ive tried so far!
How Does the Amaira SOS Intensive Skin Lightening Cream Work?
- Dark Spots and Hyperpigmentation
MY SKIN LOVES THIS PRODUCT! – Customer Username: Mary
Im always hesitant to try out new products because of all the money Ive wasted in the past, but something drew me to this product and Im so glad I ended up buying! Im already seeing results and waking up with brighter skin than ever before!
Ingredients:Purified Water , Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil, Hexylresorcinol, Niacinamide, Hyaluronic Acid, Squalane, Polyisobutene, Polysorbate 20, Polyacrylate-13, Phenoxyethanol, Ethyllhexylglycerin.
Customer Username: Jade
I cant explain just how helpful this product has been. Ive always been conscious of the way my skin looks, but this product has helped me fade out all the imperfections on my face. Ive gained my confidence back and I have this product to thank!
You May Like: Nano Knee Surgery Cost
How To Cure Dark Elbows And Knees
Simple cases with no complications can be treated with regular cleaning and exfoliation. As the dead skin cells and other wastes scrape off the elbows and knees, you will start noticing the results over a few weeks. However if this problem does not get cured with this simple solution, you will have to apply certain ingredients easily available at home.
· If it is a dark hyperpigmentation, rub your elbows and knees with isopropyl alcohol. Although the condition does not pose any serious medical threat, it is cosmetically distressing. Areas of dark brown hyperpigmentation could be completely rubbed off with isopropyl alcohol.
· Mix well one tablespoon of raw whole milk with one tablespoon of baking soda. Apply this paste on your knees and elbows and rub gently for three to five minutes. Wash off with water. Repeat the process every alternate day till your skin lightens.
· Take two tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar and two tablespoons of water. Mix the two well. Apply this solution on your knees and elbows. Let it rest for 15 minutes, then rinse off. Try this remedy on alternate days to see the difference in skin colour.
· Dry the peel of oranges in sunlight. Grind it to powder. Take two tablespoons of orange peel powder, two tablespoons of rose water and two tablespoons of raw whole milk. Mix all well. Scrub this paste on your knees and elbows thrice a week. Rinse with water after 15 minutes. Your dark elbows and knees will lighten.
Home Remedies To Lighten Undearms Elbows & Knees
- The lowly potato to the rescue. Massage the dark patches with slices of raw potato which has natural bleaching properties. Massage the affected areas for five to seven minutes thrice a week and rinse with cool water.
- A mixture of Lemon juice and Baking Soda makes for an excellent scrub to get rid of dark elbows, knees and underarms. Rub into patches and leave on for two to three minutes before rinsing. Repeat twice a week for best results.
- If you have very dry skin, its likely the dark patches are caused by flaking. Every morning after a shower, rub some pure Coconut Oil mixed with a few drop of Lemon juice on the dark patches. What makes this nut oil so fabulous? It has essential fatty acids with antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal and anti-inflammatory properties that soothe and brighten damaged skin.
- A Sugar and Coconut Oil scrub works equally well if the skin is rough and flaky.
Want to get rid of dark underarms naturally? Check out
Don’t Miss: How To Stop Limping After Knee Surgery
What Is The Easiest Way To Remove Crusty Age Spots On The Skin
The key is to physically buff your skin with an exfoliating product and to use strong alpha hydroxy acid products to help soften and loosen these crusty growths. To lighten age spots an AHA product need to be strong. The best AHA for the job is glycolic acid because its the best AHA for loosening dead skin cells so that they buff off more effectively.
Done right, it really is possible for almost everyone to have velvety-smooth, hydrated and soft skin again by using skin care creams and scrubs. Yes, you can have skin that doesn’t look and feel like its covered with crusty barnacles! – Dr. Cynthia Bailey, 60+ year old Dermatologist and Skin Wellness Expert
I am no fan of age spots! My patients and I have put products to the test and I’ve created the perfect product combo for the job, my Ultra-Fast Body Smoothing Triple Action Kit. It’s what I use for my own 60+ year old skin!
What Causes Dark Elbows And Knees
Several factors contribute to skin darkness around the elbows and knees, including:
- Constant friction. The skin may turn thick and dark due to prolonged pressure and rubbing against surfaces.
- Injury. Damaged skin may become hyperpigmented in comparison to the surrounding skin, especially on the elbows and knees.
- Obesity. Overweight and obese people have a higher chance of having dark elbows and knees.
- Skin conditions. Certain inflammatory skin diseases such as psoriasis and eczema can cause hyperpigmentation of the skin.
- Environmental exposure. Constant exposure to the sun, pollution, and other atmospheric factors can affect the skins health, leading to moisture loss and dullness, which later develops into skin darkness.
- Insulin resistance. In this condition, the body cells, such as those of the muscles, liver, and body fat, resist the insulin signaling to use glucose present in the bloodstream. This can result in a high blood glucose level and various other symptoms, including skin changes such as the darkening of elbows and knees.
Don’t Miss: Stiff Knee Joints After Sitting
Natural Remedies For Dark Knees
If you prefer the DIY way, several home remedies might help improve the tone and texture of your dark knees over time. The most common are:
Aloe vera. This plant has soothing and calming properties that help ease discomfort from irritation and sunburn. One study found that aloe vera may also help reduce the natural skin darkening that comes with sun exposure.
Turmeric. This versatile spice gets its yellow pigment from a chemical compound called curcumin. Many people have traditionally used this herbal ingredient to even out their skin tone and reduce excessive pigmentation.
Green tea. The leaves in green tea have a chemical compound called epigallocatechin gallate. It might be another skin-lightening agent, as it blocks the enzymes that help make melanin.
Keep in mind that thereâs little to no scientific proof that homemade skin-lightening remedies work. If youâre worried about harm and irritation to your skin, talk to a doctor before trying natural ingredients.
Tips To Prevent Further Darkening Of Skin
- Always apply sunscreen on your knees when you go out. The harsh UV rays of the sun make your knees darker. Thus, protecting your knees from the sun is very important.
- Dark knees may also be caused due to improper hydration. So, never miss out on moisturizing your knees.
- Diet also plays an important role in maintaining healthy skin. Have a diet rich in vitamins A and E. Vitamin A-rich foods include sweet potatoes, carrots, lettuce, dried apricots, etc. Vitamin E-rich foods include almonds, cooked spinach, etc.
- Do NOT lean on your knees often. This creates friction, and the result is dark knees.
Now that you know how to get rid of dark knees and dark elbows, what are you waiting for? You can try these remedies in the comforts of your home. We hope that you found this article on how to lighten dark knees and elbows interesting and useful.
Do give us your valuable comments and feedback.
You May Like: Is Nano Knee Covered By Medicare
When To See A Doctor
Dark spots on your legs are usually not a cause for concern, but you may want to mention them at your next doctor visit.
If youre concerned about the appearance of dark spots on your skin, talk to your doctor or dermatologist about the safest and most effective types of treatment. The Healthline FindCare tool can provide options in your area if you dont already have a doctor.
Signs that you should see a doctor right away include:
- spots that are raised and not smooth
- moles that are changing in appearance
- dark spots on your palms, fingers, soles of your feet, toes, mouth, nose, vagina, or anus
- other types of unusual lesions on your body