Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Dark Elbows And Knees Fast Dont Ruin Your Look
In winter, nothing beats swaddling yourself in layers of warm garments. But what happens once the season comes to an end? Summer fashions are light and breezy. Most importantly, they leave your elbows and knees exposed. This isnt anything to write home about, but for people whove got dark skin and elbows, this could be a cause for concern. It seriously affects their self-esteem and makes them conscious of the company of others.
Dark knees and elbows are very hard to get rid of with modern medicine. Even the ones that work take a long time to produce satisfactory results. The only solution that offers foolproof results quickly and efficiently is home remedies. In this article, we present a list of easy-to-follow home remedies for getting rid of dark knees and elbows, and also prevent them from recurring in future.
How To Lighten Dark Knees
It is important to understand first why you end up having rough, darkened knees or elbows. The skin of your elbows and knees is naturally thicker and loses moisture quickly. This often leads to the accumulation of dead skin cells that produce a darkened appearance.Many people want to know exactly how to lighten dark knees.
It is important that you don’t neglect your dark knees or elbows during your moisturizing routine. While you don’t need to rush off to a high-end salon, you really need to take some steps and spend some time looking after your knees to understand how to lighten dark knees. Keep reading to know some natural home remedies that actually work.
Black Spots On Legs Feet & Ankles
In most of the cases, hyperpigmentation is related to black spots on legs, feet, and other body parts. Melanin is the pigment that gives the skin its colour, and when produced in excess, it can lead to dark brown spots on the thighs, knees, legs, feet, ankles and even toes. These spots can range from black dots to large brown patches on the legs.
You May Like: Is Cycling Good For Knees
Turmeric For Spots And Marks
Turmeric is a skin lightening ingredient which is used in lots of fairness products. For marks and dark spots too, turmeric powder can be used. It helps improvise the skin tone and texture when used continuously.
- Take 2 pinches of turmeric and mix this in 2 teaspoonful of milk.
- Apply this on the affected parts of the body like legs, hands etc and leave for 1 hour.
- This will show results within few days. Repeat this remedy daily.
How To Prevent Dark Skin On Knees
Its possible to reduce your chances of developing dark knees. Here are the best preventive methods:
- Regularly apply sunscreen. Since hyperpigmentation is often caused by sun damage, sunscreen is essential. Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen on your entire body, including your knees.
- Moisturize daily. Moisturize your knees with a hydrating cream. This can promote healthy skin.
You May Like: Is Nano Knee Covered By Medicare
Common Causes Of Dark Knees
- Aging and Genetics
Dark spots develop due to the process of aging and largely occur on areas exposed to the sun. Not putting on sun screen aggravates the condition. The UV rays increases the synthesis of melanin, the pigment that imparts color, as does aging. Genetics too has a vital role to play in skin discoloration.
When you kneel down, you make the knees dry and rough, and this causes darkening. Rough fabrics also cause friction and discoloration.
- Poor Skin Care
Poor skin care leads to pigmentation and discoloration. Dead cells accumulate and cause discoloration. Exfoliation and scrubbing helps slough off the buildup of dead cells. Furthermore, dry skin also leads to dark spots thus moisturization is essential.
- Medical Conditions and Medicines
Certain medical conditions and disorders cause skin discolorations. During pregnancy skin discoloration occurs due to fluctuations in hormone profile. Certain medicines and drugs have the possible side effects of skin discoloration as well. One such drug is tetracycline.
Lemon And Baking Soda Have Excellent Bleaching Properties
Both lemon and baking soda are known to have excellent bleaching properties.You can either separately apply lemon juice and baking soda paste to the darkened skin or make a paste from them.Make a paste with equal portions of lemon and baking soda. Rub this mixture on the knees and elbows and leave it for 10 minutes.Rinse thoroughly with cold water.
Read Also: When To Go To Er For Knee Pain
Home Remedies To Lighten Dark Knees Naturally
- Lime juice: freshly squeezed lime has excellent bleaching effect. Smear the juice on the knees and leave on for half an hour. Daily application yields good results.
- Hydrogen peroxide: helps whiten dark knees effectively.
- Exfoliation: exfoliating the knees once or twice a week helps prevent discolorations and pigmentation. A natural scrub comprising of oatmeal, milk and lemon rind helps get rid of dirt and dead skin. You may also use a loofah daily while bathing.
- Coconut oil and lime: blend 3 spoons of coconut oil with the juice of half a lime. Massage in to the knees daily. Leave on for half an hour. It lightens the skin noticeably.
- Moisturization: moisturizing the skin every day after a shower is extremely important. Use a good quality moisturizer or you may use any of the following to lubricate the skin shea butter, coconut oil, jojoba oil, almond oil, cocoa butter or walnut oil.
- Sun protection: protecting the skin from the sun is very crucial. Sunscreens helps shield the skin from the harmful effects of the suns UV rays. Slather a good sun block all over the body, particularly the exposed parts. Use a sunscreen that has SPF 30 or SPF 45.
Applying Creams And Lotions
You May Like: Why Do My Knees Crack When I Squat
How To Lighten Dark Knees With The Best Home Remedies
You don’t always need to use expensive skin care products to improve the appearance of your knees. Here are some effective remedies to learn how to lighten dark knees.
1. Use Lemon for Perfect Exfoliation
Lemon has exfoliating and bleaching properties, so its application will help lighten your skin tone. It works effectively on your dark knees and elbows as well.
How to apply: Take a large lemon, cut it into two halves, and squeeze each of them a little. Use each half to scrub your elbow and knees for 15 minutes. Make sure to stay indoors and protect the cleansed area from sunlight. Also, use petroleum jelly to moisturize your knees.
2. Use Milk and Baking Soda for Quick Results
The combination of baking soda and milk will make your skin feel smooth and lighten its tone as well.
How to apply: Mix both ingredients together to form a thick paste. Rub it directly on your knees in circular motions. Repeat it daily to lighten your dark knees.
3. Use Oatmeal Scrub for Impressive Results
Oatmeal also has bleaching effects on your skin and oatmeal scrub will help as well in getting rid of dead skin cells.
How to apply: Take a couple of teaspoons of fresh cream and a couple of tablespoons of powdered oatmeal. Mix them well to make a thick paste. Apply it on your knees and leave for a few minutes. Now, use your fingertips to gently massage your knees for 10 minutes. Now, use cold water to remove the scrub.
4. Combine Vitamin E Oil and Sugar
7. Try Almonds to Whiten Skin
Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Dark Elbows And Knees Fast
If you are having dark elbows and knees and want to get rid of them then the help is underway.
In this article, I have gathered for you some of the best and working home remedies to get rid of dark elbows and knees fast.
before I go into the detail of how to get rid of dark elbows and knees I want to let you know some of the common causes of it:
The below mentioned are some of the causes of dark elbows and knees:
- Accumulation of Dead Skin Cells
- Extensive Exposure to Sun
- Hormonal Imbalance
Our elbows and knees dont contain any oils glands so proper care and moisturization is necessary in order to protect them.
The below mentioned home remedies will help you protect and nourish these parts of the body and remove the dark patches.
Lets get started
Read Also: Why Do My Knees Crack When I Squat
Honey And Apple Cider Vinegar Mix
Apple cider vinegar contains alpha hydroxy acid, which helps to exfoliate dead skin cells, clear your skin of dirt or anything that can clog your skin pores, and also improve your skin texture.
- One tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
How to apply:
- Mix both ingredients and apply the mix to your kneesand elbows
- Let it sit for about 30 minutes and wash off withwater.
Do this daily
Effective Remedies To Reduce Darkness Of Elbows And Knees
Dark skin on the elbows and knees is a common occurrence and usually affects those with darker skin tones as such skin types are more likely to overproduce melanin.It may be a result of several factors including accumulation of dead skin cells, sun exposure, post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, etc.Dark knees and elbows need no treatment. However, it is possible to lighten their appearance.
Don’t Miss: How To Pop Your Knee
How To Prevent Black Spots On Legs
While you can go for treatments to remove dark spots on legs, it is always better to prevent them as far as possible. Make sure that you dont get black spots on legs in the future by following these simple suggestions
- Avoid scratching moles, wounds or any other kind of inflammation to prevent dark spots on legs. This can tamper with your bodys natural healing and cause
- Prevent extensive exposure to the sun and always apply sunscreen before heading out.
- If you are outdoors for a long duration, then you can consider washing your skin and reapplying the sunscreen after every two to three hours.
- Moisturise your skin at least twice a day to keep it hydrated and maintain the skins natural barrier.
- Use a gentle scrub for exfoliation once a week to keep your skin healthy and clean.
- Avoid using too many chemical-based skin products that might cause unwanted side effects related to pigmentation.
- Consult a doctor to find out an appropriate treatment if you have a positive family history of the condition.
Must Read:What Are Dark Spots On Face?
Now, you know how doctors can safely treat dark spots on legs, feet, and ankles so that you can get smooth and even-toned skin. There are medically proven and result-oriented treatments available at reputed skin clinics for black spots on the leg skin that you can explore further. Visit an experienced dermatologist today and find out about a suitable treatment in detail.
How To Get Rid Of Dark Elbows And Knees
Do not allow your dark elbows and knees to rob all the confidence you need to wear short dresses and sleeveless tops, it would not be an embarrassing affair anymore!
Regular bathing is vital to keep the skin and the body clean and healthy. Bathing and scrubbing helps eliminate dirt, oil, dead skin cells and germs from the skin. Our skin constantly gets renewed as dead skin cells are shed from the body and new ones form itself about once a month. These dead skin cells can easily be removed by exfoliation and basic hygiene, such as bathing with a mild soap, water and loofah. If you would not wash any of the area of your skin regularly and properly, these dead skin cells may build up dark patches that are often scaly and rough. Symptoms may get worse the longer a person does not clean properly. Also secondary infections and other skin disorders can arise if these dark patches are left untreated.
Also Check: How To Pop Your Knee
Ways To Get Rid Of Hard And Black Knees
Within the human body, there are certain parts, which are more prone to stress and friction than others. All joints are susceptible to this, but even within the joints, the knees are even more of a stress point.The skin on the knees, as well as the bones, the joint and the cartilage, are highly susceptible to wear and tear. Due to frequent rubbing and friction, the skin can be put under much stress and thus, may cause skin conditions as well.One of the most common skin conditions that many face is the hardening and darkening of the knees.This may happen due to,– Continuous friction from clothing- Playing sports out in the sun where the knees may be exposed- Excessive keratin on the skin on the knees- Resting on the knees for long periods of time- Other physiological conditions that may result in skin pigmentationThere are some quick remedies that can be used to rectify or at least lessen the dark patches on the knees.
However, home remedies or treatments may not be the solution in all cases as there may be underlying physical causes, which need to be treated at a deeper level. In such cases, it is prudent to seek dermatological treatment.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert& get answers to your questions!
Potato For Dark Knees
What You Have To Do
How Often You Should Do This
Do this once or twice daily for best results.
Why This Works
Potatoes possess mild bleaching properties that lighten dark spots and dark skin. They also nourish and brighten dry and dull skin .
What You Have To Do
How Often You Should Do This
Apply this pack every alternate day.
Why This Works
Gram flour exfoliates and removes the dead skin cells on your knees and elbows . Yogurt lightens the skin tone and also nourishes it .
Use these remedies and you no longer have to be embarrassed by your dark knees and dark elbows. Lets now take a look at what causes dark knees and elbows.
Top 13 Unexpected Ways To Banish Dark Knees And Elbows Naturally
I. Causes Of Dark Knees
There are a variety of factors that bring about dark spots on knees, even elbows. Below are several common causes of dark knees you need to know:
- Abrasion: Human body itself produces things to protect it from external harm. When any part of the body is rubbed with other things for a long time, layers of the skin on that part will become thicker than normal to avoid damaging the dermis on lower layers of the skin. Therefore, dead skin cells appear and make your skin, especially on knees and elbows darker.
- The light from the sun: The absorption between dead skin cells and the light from the sun still occurs. Dead cells themselves make your skin look darker than normal. Even when dead cells on the skin of knees are produced and exposed to the light from the sun directly, you will get dark spots on your knees or elbows.
- Lack of oil on your skin: That your skin is too dry makes pollutants existing in the air do harm to it and makes the skin become drier and drier. This helps speed up the rate of forming dead skin cells, which are the main factor leading to the darkness of knees.
- Other factors causing dark knees and elbows include obesity, hormone disproportion, skin hyperpigmentation, Addisons syndrome, and melanocytes.
II. How To Tips
The following are the best ways to help eliminate darkness from knees and elbows naturally.
1. Baking Soda With Milk
2. Hydrogen Peroxide
3. Almond Oil
How To Prevent Dark Elbows And Knees
Prevention is often as simple as regularly cleaning the skin. Exfoliating your elbows and knees with a mild soap, water and loofah while taking a bath or shower may help remove dead skin cells and leave the surface feeling rejuvenated. It can help prevent the build-up of dirt, sebum and bacteria on the skin. Taking more than one shower each day may also work well in warmer months or after doing physically demanding work or exercise. Always apply coconut oil on the skin after having bath. This oil hydrates and moisturises skin and prevents dryness. The vitamin E content in coconut oil repairs and lightens skin colour.
Don’t Miss: How Much Is Total Knee Replacement Surgery