Mint To Get Rid Of Black Knees And Elbow
Get rid of dark knees and elbows by using mint. Mint helps refresh your elbows and knees along with your mouth. The antiseptic and anti- inflammatory agents of mint and its essential oils help in synthesizing white blood cells and collagen in our bodies. It is also helps in clearing scar tissues from within. You need a mint mixture for this remedy.
You will need:
- Lukewarm water to wash
How to Use Mint to Get Rid of Black Knees and Elbow:
- Boil water and put a few mint leaves and let it boil for a few more minutes.
- Add the lemon juice to the boiling mint water.
- Now leave it for a few minutes to cool down naturally.
- When the boiled water has cooled down and become bearable for your skin, Soak a cotton ball with it
- Take a cotton ball, and apply the mixture to your knees or elbow using the cotton ball.
- Leave for about 15-20 minutes and then rinse with lukewarm water.
What Causes Dark Elbows And Knees
Several factors contribute to skin darkness around the elbows and knees, including:
- Constant friction. The skin may turn thick and dark due to prolonged pressure and rubbing against surfaces.
- Injury. Damaged skin may become hyperpigmented in comparison to the surrounding skin, especially on the elbows and knees.
- Obesity. Overweight and obese people have a higher chance of having dark elbows and knees.
- Skin conditions. Certain inflammatory skin diseases such as psoriasis and eczema can cause hyperpigmentation of the skin.
- Environmental exposure. Constant exposure to the sun, pollution, and other atmospheric factors can affect the skins health, leading to moisture loss and dullness, which later develops into skin darkness.
- Insulin resistance. In this condition, the body cells, such as those of the muscles, liver, and body fat, resist the insulin signaling to use glucose present in the bloodstream. This can result in a high blood glucose level and various other symptoms, including skin changes such as the darkening of elbows and knees.
Apple Cider Vinegar And Honey
Apple cider vinegar is another natural bleaching agent. The glycol and alpha hydroxyl acids that are found in apple cider vinegar work to lighten the skin.
Apple cider vinegar, when used alone, may dry out the skin so it is better to add honey so that the skin remains moisturized.
How to Apply?
- Mix one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with two tablespoons of honey
- Apply this onto the knees and elbows and massage it in circular motions
- Leave it for 30 minutes and afterward rinse the areas with lukewarm water
Read Also: Can Knee Replacement Cause Neuropathy
How To Lighten Dark Knees And Elbows Naturally
- Lack of exfoliation, which causes the accumulation of dead skin cells on the skin over a period of time.
- Prolonged sun exposure leading to hyper-pigmentation and a darker skin tone in that area.
- Hormonal changes or reactions of the body.
- Pigmentation because of skin aging.
- UV radiation causing Melasma.
- Friction because of skins contact with certain fabrics, or any external objects.
- Skin issues like Psoriasis, or Eczema.
- Post-injury skin damage on knees and elbows.
List Of Simple Tips On How To Get Rid Of Dark Skin
As you age, you realize that fine lines can make you look much older than your real age. However, there are a lot of culprits that can give your appearance chance to look older. One of these is the appearance of dark spots on your skins surface.
Some factors that can cause the skin issue we are talking about are the excess exposure to the sunlight, pregnancy, hormone imbalance, vitamin deficiencies, certain medications, too much stress, as well as lack of sleep.
Dark patches and spots on the facial skin can be embarrassing and even can cause you to get lower self-esteem. Fortunately, there are a lot of possible cures you can make use, such as laser surgeries and acid peels. There are also some safer treatments coming from nature for you the home remedies, herbal cosmetic procedures, and topical products that could help to fade effectively or even remove dark spots permanently. Below, I am sharing with you the most common natural cures and tips on how to get rid of dark skin on knees, face, neck, elbows, and under arms you can try at the comfort of your own home. These simple, natural home treatments also can aid a lot in reducing the appearance of blemishes and dark spots on your skins surface.
Don’t Miss: Is Nano Knee Covered By Medicare
Gram Flour And Yogurt To Get Rid Of Black Knees And Elbow
Get rid of dark knees and elbows by using gramflour and yogurt. Gram flour contains many vitamins and proteins that make it a brilliant exfoliating agent. This helps with dark skin tones, blemishes and pigmentation.
You will need:
- 2 tablespoons gramflour and enough curd to make a thick paste.
How to Use:
- Rub it on the darkened areas of elbow or knees.
- Leave it there for 15-20 minutes.
- Use your fingers to massage in a circular manner for 10-15 minutes
- Rinse off with water.
- Yogurt can be replaced with fresh cream in case of really dry skin. Use of yogurt Is recommended in case of oily skins.
Potato For Dark Knees
What You Have To Do
How Often You Should Do This
Do this once or twice daily for best results.
Why This Works
Potatoes possess mild bleaching properties that lighten dark spots and dark skin. They also nourish and brighten dry and dull skin .
What You Have To Do
How Often You Should Do This
Apply this pack every alternate day.
Why This Works
Gram flour exfoliates and removes the dead skin cells on your knees and elbows . Yogurt lightens the skin tone and also nourishes it .
Use these remedies and you no longer have to be embarrassed by your dark knees and dark elbows. Lets now take a look at what causes dark knees and elbows.
Read Also: Inversion Table For Knee Pain
Lemon And Baking Soda
Lemon is an excellent skin lightening ingredient. It’s packed with antioxidants and vitamin C which promote skin regeneration and improve skin complexion. Baking soda acts as a gentle and effective cleanser for whitening dark areas of skin.
- Take a lemon and cut it into 2 halves.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp of baking soda on top of the lemon.
- Rub your elbows and knees for 1 minute.
- Let it sit for 15 minutes and then wash off with warm water.
Repeat once every 2 days for a desired effect.
How To Prevent Dark Skin On Knees And Elbows
1. Moisturize daily. There is no better way to keep the skin on your elbows and knees soft and smooth. Moisturizers prevent dry skin, keep the epidermal barrier intact and help heal dark knees and elbows.
2. Wear sunscreen. Limit your exposure to the sun to prevent the darkening of your knees and elbows.
3. Avoid leaning on your elbows or sitting on your knees to prevent friction related hyperpigmentation.
4. Treat injuries or infections on your knees and elbows without delay. Long term inflammation can result in post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
5. People with chronic inflammatory skin conditions like eczema should take precautions to prevent flare-ups which may cause darkening on knees and elbows.
6. Exfoliate frequently to avoid dead skin and dirt build-up which may make your knees and elbows appear dark.
Darggett & Ramsdell Knee And Elbow Lightening Cream Ecxonomy
With its extra-strength formula, Darggett & Ramsdell Knee and Elbow Lightening Cream will help you to even out the tones all over the body by diminishing the hard to get rid of dark patches. It helps to fade dark areas and discoloration on the knees and elbows. The formula is completely non-irritating. It does not hurt at all anyhow but moisturizes the skin. The product is gentle on the sensitive skin. Your skin will get smooth and light at the same time.
Yogurt And Almond To Get Rid Of Black Knees And Elbow
Almond is a boon for good health and almond oil is amazing for skin too. If used almond oil in the right way, it will lighten your skin tone. Almonds can also be used to exfoliate your knees and elbow.
You will need:
- 8 to 10 almonds and 2 tablespoons yogurt.
How to Use:
- Scrub in a circular motion for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water.
You May Like: How To Get Rid Of Dark Spots On Knees Fast
Is It Normal To Have Dark Knees And Elbows
Dark knees and elbows are quite common in children as well as adults. It is often not a cause for worry and can be healed with simple Ayurvedic and home remedies. As per research, people with darker skin tones are more likely to develop the condition as their skin is naturally prone to producing more melanin.
Iii How To Get Rid Of Dark Skin Naturally
There are some natural remedies and tips on how to get rid of dark skin on elbows, neck, face, knees, and under arms that you can consider applying at the comfort of your own home. They are:
The usage of turmeric is one of the best tips on how to get rid of dark skin under arms, on face, neck, elbows, and knees that can help a lot as a real skin-lightening agent. It can actually work well for your skin surface even on face or on any area of the whole body. It can help to repair free radical damage as well as reduce skin discoloration and pigmentation. It is also useful for fast removal of age spots and sun spots.
- Create a thick paste by mixing a few drops of lemon juice and milk with 2 tsps. of turmeric.
- Use it to apply directly onto your skin coming with the black spots.
- Let it stay within a few minutes and then use lukewarm water to rinse it off.
List of Top 15 Best Natural DIY Home Remedies for Dark Underarms Fastwill show you some of the best natural treatments for lightening the skin area under arms, so check it out!
2. How To Get Rid Of Dark Skin On Face Sandalwood
Sandalwood is also a useful choice when it comes to tips on how to get rid of dark skin on neck, face, elbows, knees and under arms. The natural oils contained in sandalwood can help in naturally clearing black spots. It even give your skin a healthy, glowing look.
3. Aloe Vera
5. How To Get Rid Of Dark Skin Potato
Potatoes can be used in 1 of these 3 ways:
Recommended Reading: Dcf Compression Knee Sleeve
When To Contact A Doctor
Dark knees will not cause any additional symptoms and are not likely the result of any underlying medical condition. Therefore, a person with dark knees may not need to see a doctor.
However, a person may wish to speak to their doctor if the darkened skin causes them anxiety, feelings of embarrassment, or other stress. A doctor may be able to recommend OTC or prescription creams to help.
If other symptoms accompany the darkened knees, such as itching, scabs, or flaking, a person may want to talk to their doctor.
The darkened skin may be due to psoriasis or another skin condition. Treatment for these conditions may help lighten the skin.
Protege Beauty Luminate Skin Lightening Cream
It is a one-stop solution for all kinds of skin darkening. Protege Beauty Luminate Skin Lightening Cream is a natural skin lightener reduces dark spots and age spots, uneven skin tone, hyperpigmentation with arbutin, kojic acid and niacinamide on knees, elbows and other body parts like face, neck, decollete, armpits or intimate areas. The special blend of leading-edge ingredients and antioxidants penetrate deeply to naturally block darkening pigments from forming and allowing lighter skin cells to form instead.
Recommended Reading: Getting Rid Of Fat Around Knees
How To Prevent Dark Knees
The best way to treat dark knees is to prevent them. Be sure to:
- Wear broad-spectrum sunscreen of SPF 50 or higher
- Avoid sun exposure
- Keep your skin moisturized
If you notice unusual melanin in other parts of your body, talk with your doctor right away. Unexpected skin darkening might be a sign of endocrine-related conditions like Addison’s disease.
Affiliated Dermatology: “Skin Discoloration & Hyperpigmentation.”
American Osteopathic College of Dermatology: “Hydroquinone.” “Steroids .”
National Center for Biotechnology Information: “Anti-melanogenic effects of black, green, and white tea extracts on immortalized melanocytes.” “Are Natural Ingredients Effective in the Management of Hyperpigmentation? A Systematic Review” “Biochemistry, Melanin.” “Curcumin inhibits melanogenesis in human melanocytes.” “Postinflammatory Hyperpigmentation.” “Topical Vitamin C and the Skin: Mechanisms of Action and Clinical Applications.“
National Library of Medicine: “Hydrogen peroxide.”
National Organization of Rare Disorders: “Addisonâs Disease.”
Oregon State University: “Vitamin A and Skin Health.”
Pan American Health Organization: “Mercury added in skin-lightening products: Toxicological note.”â
U.S. Food & Drug Administration: “Alpha Hydroxy Acids.”
Wiley Online Library: “Aloesin inhibits hyperpigmentation induced by UV radiation.”
How Do I Get Rid Of Scars On My Knees
If youve had knee replacement surgery or knee surgery due to a fall or injury, you know the healing process will require patience and time. The knees must be flexed regularly during the weeks of physical therapy that follow the surgery, where your therapist will encourage you to perform more and more exercises to stretch and strengthen underlying tissues. Meanwhile, your wound and developing scar tissue will need to adjust to the flexing and become as supple and strong as the rest of the knee.
To reduce scarring and the visibility of scars on your knees, you must be active in your own recovery and in the healing of your visible scar. In a shorter time than you might think, the staples will come out or the stitches will dissolve, and your skin will be knitted together enough to begin applying InviCible Scars to your scar area. During your recovery, apply InviCible regularly. Clinical results have proven positive outcomes among most users.
An important part of healing your scar area is to avoid direct sunlight. If you live in an area where you may be wearing shorts or a bathing suit outside, be sure to apply sunsunscreen to the scar before going out. This will prevent abnormal dark pigment from forming. Wash your scar often. Keep it clean and dry. Reapply InviCible as needed.
Have a question about your scar? Leave a comment and well be happy to answer.
Recommended Reading: How To Get Rid Of Knock Knees
Lemon Juice Mixed With Sugar And Honey
This is actually one of the best combinations when it comes to getting rid of dark elbows and knees. Lemon juice has powerful skin lightening properties. This is due to its high vitamin C content. Honey is also known to help make the skin look brighter. Sugar, on the other hand, works as an exfoliator.
How to Apply?
- Take a fresh lemon and squeeze out all the juice
- Mix the lemon juice with 1 teaspoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of sugar
- Mix them well and apply it on the affected area
- Massage gently and leave it for about 20 minutes and the wash with lukewarm water
To get the best results, apply this remedy alternate days a week.
Simple Home Remedies To Eliminate Dark Spots
Thankfully, its a lot easier to get rid of these dark spots than might think. It will take a bit of work to get rid of them completely, but the home remedies below will give you a few ideas on how to get rid of dark spots. With a few simple additions to your beauty and daily healthcare routine, you can deal with the problem once and for all!
Recommended Reading: What Is Chondrocalcinosis Of The Knee
Common Causes Of Dark Knees
- Aging and Genetics
Dark spots develop due to the process of aging and largely occur on areas exposed to the sun. Not putting on sun screen aggravates the condition. The UV rays increases the synthesis of melanin, the pigment that imparts color, as does aging. Genetics too has a vital role to play in skin discoloration.
When you kneel down, you make the knees dry and rough, and this causes darkening. Rough fabrics also cause friction and discoloration.
- Poor Skin Care
Poor skin care leads to pigmentation and discoloration. Dead cells accumulate and cause discoloration. Exfoliation and scrubbing helps slough off the buildup of dead cells. Furthermore, dry skin also leads to dark spots thus moisturization is essential.
- Medical Conditions and Medicines
Certain medical conditions and disorders cause skin discolorations. During pregnancy skin discoloration occurs due to fluctuations in hormone profile. Certain medicines and drugs have the possible side effects of skin discoloration as well. One such drug is tetracycline.
What Causes Dark Knees And How To Get Rid Of Them Naturally
Dark knees is extremely common but it can be very embarrassing, particularly for women. By and large, the skin will look healthy if proper skin care is followed. Depending up on the etiological factor causing the darkening, the condition can be effectively managed.
Discoloration of the knees is a rather common skin problem.
Dark knees and skin pigmentation on the knees though not having much medical significance should be managed given that it has cosmetic implications. Women find darkening and dark spots on the knees undesirable and unattractive. Here are decidedly effective home remedies and skin care guidelines that will help lighten the skin appreciably.
You May Like: Intellicast Aches And Pains