Apple Cider Vinegar And Honey
Apple cider vinegar is another natural bleaching agent. The glycol and alpha hydroxyl acids that are found in apple cider vinegar work to lighten the skin.
Apple cider vinegar, when used alone, may dry out the skin so it is better to add honey so that the skin remains moisturized.
How to Apply?
- Mix one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with two tablespoons of honey
- Apply this onto the knees and elbows and massage it in circular motions
- Leave it for 30 minutes and afterward rinse the areas with lukewarm water
Use A Natural Lightening Agent
Use lemon juice to remove dark skin from knees and elbows. Lemon juice will gently lighten the skin the natural way. Rub lemon juice on the skin twice a day. Aloe also works well to remove dark spots from knees and elbows. Get a fresh aloe plant, open up the leaf and rub the green flesh part over the affected areas daily.
Pink Madison Skin Whitening Mask Cream
A dark spot corrector that is effective to even out the of your elbows and knees by lightening it a few shades more. Pink Madison Skin Whitening Mask is perfect for face, body, dark spots, and age spots. The formula has all-natural and holistic ingredients like jojoba seed oil, Morus alba root extract, bentonite clay, papaya extract vitamin C, B3, lactic acids, and various other clays for doing the job correctly.
Also Check: How To Put On Above Knee Prosthesis
Dark Elbows Home Remedies
dark elbows before and after lightening
A skin around the elbows and the knees is usually thicker and usually has more folds than all the surrounding parts of the skin. These parts also has no oil glands making it appear drier, thus requires proper care and maintenance and hygiene so as the skin at the area dont become darker than other parts of the body.
Although darkening of the elbows may be contributed by frequent rubbing, overexposure to the sun, genetic factors and so many others but mostly increased production and buildup of melanin.
Several natural remedies and simple skin care techniques can help solve this problem.
- After the shower, apply this oil on the knees and elbows and massage gently for 3 minutes. Reapply several times a day so as to prevent dryness.
- Alternatively, prepare a mixture of 1 tablespoon of the oil and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Rub the solution on the dark elbows and the knees and let it for about 20 minutes, then wipe off with paper towels. Do this once daily.
- Add enough coconut oil to 2 tablespoons of walnut powder to make a thick paste. Use the paste to exfoliate the dark patches of the skin around the elbows by repeating the process about three times a week
What Else You Can Do To Brighten Your Dark Elbows And Knees
- Exfoliate your knees and elbows regularly. It will remove dead skin cells that cause the skin darker than the real layer.
- You can rub your skin with lemon juice and some sugar. Lemon juice contains vitamin C that lightens the skin discoloration and brown sugar scrubs away all dirt, impurities, and dull cells.
- Keep cleansed your elbows and knees always. Apply moisturizer or lotion to keep the skin hydrated. The softer skin looks more glowing and brighter.
- Protect your skin from dryness, sunburn or other environmental damages. Wear sunscreen or lotions when you want to go out in the heavy sun rays.
- You can also rub your knees and elbows with potato juice. It will get rid of dark patches and spots naturally.
I am also a girl with dark skin. I always put more importance on using home remedies because it can heal the skin naturally without any side effects. So, you can try the above DIY tips to lighten your dark elbows and knees. And, when you need a little bit brighter skin, you can use a cream of this list.
Of course, I dont mind having a little bit dark knees and elbows. I feel it natural but cleanse it regularly.
Let me know which products you generally use for your intimate skin softening, brightening and hydrating.
How We Pick The Product
We also often analysis the products information from the reliable sources like Cooks Illustrated, Americas Test Kitchen, Consumer Reports, Consumer Testing Laboratories, etc.
Don’t Miss: Why Do My Knees Feel Stiff And Hurt
The Reasons For Dark Elbows And Knees
The skin of the knees, elbows, and underarms are naturally darker than other parts. Moreover, these things can also add some extra discoloration to these skin areas.
Accumulation of dead skin cells, psoriasis, birth control pills, eczema, melasma, age spots, freckles, exposure to the dirt, cloth friction, dryness, sunlight, etc.
Do You Have Dark Elbows And Knees Here Are Some Easy Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Them
Priyanka Mody; |;
After a long day of shopping, the feeling of finally finding the right mini dress is unmatched. However, when its finally time to wear it, dark knees and elbows can really come in the way of rocking it. Not only do they look bad, but these dark patches can Als make your entire dress look ugly. It becomes embarrassing and people start making conscious efforts to hide them. So, were here with some easy home remedies to get rid of the dark patches the knees and elbows which will also help you bring back the lost confidence.
1. VITAMIN E
This is the easiest home remedy that you can use to get rid of those ugly dark patches. All you need is Vitamin E capsules that you can find at any medical store near you and it wont cost you more that Rs 25. Just puncture a few Vitamin E capsules and take all. The oil out of it. Once done add sugar to it and mix it thoroughly. now, use this as a scrub to exfoliate dark knees and elbows. Once done just rinse the area with water and moisturise it.
Vitamin E oil is a great remedy for skin pigmentation while sugar helps in exfoliating the dark skin making it easy for the oil to seep in.
2. GRAM FLOUR aka BESAN
The gram flour exfoliates the area by removing all the dead skin cells. On the other hand, yoghurt helps in lightening the skin while leaving it moisturised.
4. BAKING SODA | MILK
What is it that you do to get rid of the dark patches? Let us know in the comments section below.
Read Also: How To Sit On Toilet After Knee Surgery
Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Dark Knees And Elbows Of Kids
We generally noticed that our knee and elbow skin color is darker than the rest of our body parts. Kids usually have more difference in the color of these body parts. But this is not the natural color of our knees and elbows. In the same time, we can observe that some people and kids also dont have this much difference in their body parts colors. So we should know why some people have dark knees and elbows. Because of dark knees and elbows of kids, it becomes very difficult to put on them short length and cut sleeves cloths.
How To Get Rid Of Dark Elbows
This article was co-authored by Mohiba Tareen, MD. Mohiba Tareen is a board certified Dermatologist and the founder of Tareen Dermatology located in Roseville, Maplewood and Faribault, Minnesota. Dr. Tareen completed medical school at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, where she was inducted into the prestigious Alpha Omega Alpha honor society. While a dermatology resident at Columbia University in New York City, she won the Conrad Stritzler award of the New York Dermatologic Society and was published in The New England Journal of Medicine. Dr. Tareen then completed a procedural fellowship which focused on dermatologic surgery, laser, and cosmetic dermatology.There are 11 references cited in this article, which can be found at the bottom of the page.wikiHow marks an article as reader-approved once it receives enough positive feedback. This article received 18 testimonials and 100% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. This article has been viewed 1,330,356 times.
Sun exposure and a buildup of dead skin cells can cause the skin on your elbows to appear darker than the skin on the rest of your body. If this is bothersome during the summer months or you are embarrassed to be seen in a T-shirt, don’t fret! There are several natural remedies and skin care techniques which will help you rid yourself of worrisome dark coloration on your elbows and knees!
You May Like: How To Build Leg Muscle With Bad Knees
Emma Cardinelli Skin Lightening Cream
It is a skin bleaching cream with 2% hydroquinone, 6% glycolic acid and vitamin E, ferulic acid, and licorice extract. They are the most effective ingredients imaginable for a younger clearer complexion. Emma Cardinelli Skin Lightening Cream not only even out knees and elbows but also fades dark spots, freckles, and hyperpigmentation. Works great on armpits, inner thighs, chest, neck, back, and sensitive private areas as well.
How To Bleach Dark Skin On Elbows With Lemon
Note that lemon may cause some irritation and stinging. Do not overdo the scrubbing and stop using this remedy if you notice signs of allergic reaction like rash and irritation. Lemon can be drying when you should moisturize after every time you bleach dark elbows with lemon juice.
Don’t Miss: How To Avoid Knee Replacement
Everybody Wants To Have An Even Skin Tone Especially When It Comes To The Knuckles Elbows And Knees
But this is not always the caseand even if, sometimes, it does happen with the body, the knuckles, elbows, and knees are usually left out.
The reason for this is because the skin around the elbows and knees are usually thicker than the skin surrounding it. Additionally, it has more folds and tends to be much drier because those parts do not produce oil.
Owing to these, lack of proper hygiene can result in having darker elbows and knees. But be that has it may, studies have shown that there are natural ways to lighten dark elbows and knees.
So, if you want to get rid of your dark elbows and knees, read on to find out the best possible ways to go about it.
Here are five natural ways to lighten dark elbows and knees
How To Lighten Dark Elbows Fast
There are various ways that we can used on how to lighten dark elbows, by use of the following we can whiten the dark elbows;
Cut a large lemon into halves. Squeeze the juice from the halves into two small cups. Scrub each lemon on each elbow and knees for about 20 minutes and rub away the pulp. Keep the cleansed area away from sunlight by staying indoors or you can alternatively cover them using a loosely fitting clothing.
However, avoid putting water on the cleansed area. Moisturize the area with pure petroleum jelly or Vaseline and your elbow will start feeling smoother and softer. Repeat the process daily up to a few weeks until you start to see a significant improvement on your elbow skin. Continue with the treatment until the elbows are lightened and thereafter use the same ingredient and procedure when necessary.
Rub the made mixed paste onto the dark elbows for each and every day for about 20 minutes and a significant change will be noticed after 1 week.
what causes dark elbows
Exfoliating and Moisturizing
Read Also: How To Relieve Knee Cap Pain
Whitening Labs Dark Spot Corrector Cream
It is a multi-purpose dark spot corrector and age spot remover with skin whitening properties. Whitening Labs Dark Spot Corrector Cream is packed with full of wholesome natural goodness to be used on your elbows, knees, face, hands, body, and has a miraculous skin lightening effect. It is recommended for helping with age spots, dark spots, liver spots, sun spots, and brown spots. It will make your skin smooth, blemish-free and youthful-looking. Suitable for daily use on all skin types.
Natural Tricks To Remove Dark Knees And Elbows
Accumulation of dead skin cells, friction, extensive exposure to sun, or a hormonal imbalance can become the cause of dark knees and elbows. These parts of our body don’t contain any oil glands and it’s important to protect them from dryness through proper care and hygiene.
We at Bright Side present 10 easy yet super effective techniques to help you nourish your skin and remove dark patches.
Handy Tips To Get Rid Of Dark Elbow And Knees
20-04-2015 ; | ; Posted By: Vivek Singh ; | ;4030 View
We regularly wash our face and clean our body to look good and stay clean. But we ignore our elbows and knees which lead to accumulation of dark cells on them. Gradually they start looking shabby, and we start feeling uncomfortable because of their colour. In that case, dont panic, there are some natural ways that can help you to reduce those dark patches and dead cells on your elbows and knees. Want to know how to get rid of dark elbow and knee in one week? Here are some natural tips to whiten your knees and elbows.
Are Dark Knees And Elbows Normal
Darker patches of skin around knees and elbows is an absolutely normal phenomenon, as these regions are more prone to friction and pressure. Darkening of these joints is more common in people with darker skin tones, as they tend to produce more melanin. This natural pigment produced by your skin protects you from the UV rays of the sun.
Even though darkening of knees and elbows is mostly harmless, in rare cases it might indicate an underlying skin disorder which needs to be treated by a dermatologist.
Also Check: Why Does My Knee Hurt When Lying Down
Use A Lemon Juice And Baking Soda Paste
Both lemon juice and baking soda are believed to have bleaching properties, making the combination a great choice for skin lightening.1 These ingredients are also said to get rid of dead skin cells, giving your knees and elbows an even skin tone.
- Make a paste using baking soda and lemon juice in equal quantities.
- Scrub the paste on your knees and elbows to remove the hardened, dead skin.
- Then, rinse thoroughly with some water. Remember to moisturize well after rinsing.
Tips For Preventing Dark Elbows And Knees
- Use sunscreen regularly.
- Apply moisturizers after showers to reduce dryness and friction.
- Rub knees and elbows with a pumice stone to remove dead skin cells.
- Use an exfoliating brush or loofa in the shower.
- Apply olive oil before bed and leave on overnight to soften and bleach skin.
- Cut the toes off some old socks. Apply Vaseline to elbows and knees and wear the socks over them every night for a few weeks.
- Cut a lemon in half and squeeze while rubbing in knees and elbows. Never apply lemon juice or salt to bruised or cracked skin as it can cause burning and irritation.
- Rub a cucumber slice on elbows and knees regularly.
- Apply moisturizers with Shea butter, jojoba oil, cocoa butter, or coconut oil after using any of the above methods and before going to bed to prevent re-darkening of skin.
- Dont scrub excessively, as this causes skin to produce extra cells. Scrub gently 2-3 times weekly.
- Always use natural bleaching agents rather than chemicals.
- Drink plenty of water to detoxify the body and promote good health.
- Limit your intake of sugar, breads, cereals, energy drinks, soft drinks, caffeine and other processed foods.
- Dont lean on knees and elbows. The strain encourages darkening of skin.
- Always keep knees and elbows covered to restore moisture and prevent rubbing.
- Test each remedy once to make sure youre not allergic to any ingredients.
- If the above methods are ineffective, ask your doctor to prescribe skin bleaching lotion.
Also Check: What Causes Gout In The Knee
Possible Causes Of Dark Elbows Or Knees
In most cases, Dark elbows or knees occur when the dead skin cells or other impurities get accumulated in a particular area. Some of the other causes are,
- The hyperpigmentation is caused when youre skin is overexposed to suns harmful rays
- Due to the usage of birth control pills
- The formation of Melasma which are dark spots from post-pregnancy
- It can be due to skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczema
- The age spots can also be a reason
- People with melanin pigment are at high risk of dark elbows
Besides these causes, dark elbows or knees are formed when you dont take proper care of them. A lack of attention can ruin any part of your body when compared to the prominent areas like the face.
Despite all these factors causing dark elbows and knees, here are the solutions which can make you get rid of dark elbows and knees.